How strict is Camp Carnival age groups

vtpeco

We have 2 kids, ages 10 and 12. They are best friends. I would hate to break them up for the camps. Carnival web site said they are very strict with putting kids in the age appropriate camps.

Anyone have any experience with this?

They are super strict with age limits, I know it sucks! They wouldn't let me and my sister go together, only way was her to be bumped down and with the freaks in my group. It was full of gross burger eating twelve year olds. I'm very mature for my age since I skipped a grade. I recommend not putting them in there. They will hate it, take it from a kid who was recently that age. I'm 15 now though.

These cases are decided on an individual basis, so there is no way to predict what they will say.

I would simply take both children to the orientation and ask.

My 14 yr old was allowed to go to Club02 on the Liberty.

You just have to go in on the first day and ask. They might say no.....but they might say yes! Don't know if you don't ask.

Thanks for the replies. I've registered them in their respective age group but I plan on attending the first day orientation and asking if they can be together.

I don't think they'll be in the club too often but it's nice to know if they are, they will be together. :)

There are reasons why the kids' clubs are strict with the age groupings and moving kids to a different age group (and this applies to just about any cruiseline). Insurance reasons (if a cruiseline arranges for the insurance based on age, and there's an accident that involves kids being in the wrong club...). Also, being strict will cut down on the parents' pleadings, including the "my child is mature for his/her age." And just think, many of the other kids in the older clubs would undoubtedly want to be around kids their own age.

Unless your kids are homeschooled or go to small one-room schools, they're going to be with kids their own age anyway.

I had a 13 and 15 years old on the Fastinaction last June, and they wouldn't allow a move up or down so they could be together. As it turned it, both had a blast backing new friends and never missed each other.

I have it the other way around...my DD is almost 13 and my DS is 14 and they prefer not to be in the same group:eek: My son is 6'2" at 14 and towers over most kids his age and feels funny about hanging out with 12 year olds. We are going to ask about seeing if they will let him in the older group so he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb..because I know if this is the case, he won't go. I will ask but am not going to count on it though

I'm wondering about this as well. My dtr turns 12 a month before we leave. She is taking her friend who turns 12 less than a month after we return. I am hoping since her friend is so close to turning 12 they allow them to be together. *fingers crossed*

When we went 4 years ago we had the same. Friend who was in the same class turned 10 in January we cruise in February my dd turned 10 in April. They said she could go in that group but if she became a problem then she would not be allowed to stay in that group. She stayed that group the whole cruise.

If and I put this at a big IF you child is going into High School but is 14 at the time of sailing bring their high school ID card. It does help for some to be bumped up to the 15-17. One of worst I heard about on here was a girl who had turned 18, was a senior in HS... she could not go the O2 because she was 18... she really wanted to be with the HS kids.

Archived