PR 8309 a good cabin?

I was in PR 8587 (aft midship) on Mariner last year. It would appear your cabin is further back than mine was. Interior space will not be a problem. I found the cabin to be rather spacious. I loved it. The sofa that overlooks the Promenade was comfy and allowed you to look down into the Promenade. Because of your location, however, I would not recommend trying to view the Parade from your cabin. You are too far up and away from the action. I don't think you are going to have any problems with your cabin. If I ever sail a Voyager class again and don't get a balcony I would not hesitate to book a PR cabin. Just don't forget to close the drapes when you change your clothes!!!! :eek: Enjoy your cruise!

Theresa

Someone else posted that you see more of the Purser's desk or whatever is below you than the Promenade so I switched our friends (who were supposed to be in 8309) to a different cabin that is more toward the center of the Promenade (and not the center of the ship). I don't know that we needed to do that but I felt more comfortable doing it. This will be our friends' first cruise.

Our cruise is next month in cabin 8609 on the VOS, I'll let you know how the view is. since it is only a 5 night cruise, I don't foresee us spending too much time in the cabin, and I like the idea of it being so close to steps and elevators. I am not the type of person to be watching a parade from my window, I would rather be in the parade.

Thanks lamo0050, That sounds encouraging, I originally had 8591 booked about 8 or 9 months ago then had it changed to 8609 to be closer to the centrum of the ship, not even thinking about the view, because I knew I would probably not be in my cabin, while everyone is having fun on the ship. I thought I made a mistake in changing, but now I think I'll be fine, closer to the elevator and steps will only take me a minute to join in the fun.

Archived