Dimmers in interior staterooms?

You will need your own nightlight! Another option is to leave the TV on for mood lighting.

The TV is mood lighting? I feel bad for your spouse.:rolleyes:

I bring those battery operated candles...they are nice at night to make the room cozy and romantic.

Thanks for the inside scoop. Think I'll drop by Target and see what I can find.

One other thing... Is it true that there is only one electrical outlet in the cabin? Where is it located? Someone told me I should bring an extention cord, but he's never sailed on RCCL, sooo...

Cheers,

Brian

Extension cords and multi-tap outlets are often subject to confiscation and held until end of cruise. Electrical (and fire danger) are touchy subjects.

There will be one 110v outlet on vanity and one 220v (two pin) outlet. We use the 110v for a small very dim nightlight. We use a plug adapter (not voltage converter) for our electronics and charging things with a transformer fo their own that says Input Voltage: 110v~240v meaning it can take any input. This gives us two usable outlets for the things we use most. There is a 110v in bathroom too but our experience is it shuts off when bathroom light is off.

The TV can be great in insides if there is a bow camera channel. Tune to that at night and it is dark but gradually lightens in morning giving the cabin the illusion of dawn. But even when dark at night it gived off a fair amount of light once your eyes adjust to dark.

Thanks for the inside scoop. Think I'll drop by Target and see what I can find.

One other thing... Is it true that there is only one electrical outlet in the cabin? Where is it located? Someone told me I should bring an extention cord, but he's never sailed on RCCL, sooo...

Cheers,

Brian

There are two outlets that are easy to get to, one on the vanity and one in the bathroom. The one in the bathroom turns off when the bathroom light is turned off.

It seems from the posts on Cruise Critic that the cruise line seems concerned with surge protectors with cords attached. That is why I and many others on CC love our Belkin Mini Surge Protector with USB Charger

It is very small and doesn't take up much space on the vanity....wouldn't cruise without it.

Archived