Coffee and Cakes - Constellation

SkiptonCBR

Can anyone give me answers to my coffee and cake questions for the Constellation.

1. Is it possible to have nice cakes during the afternoon with a coffee anywhere on board?

2. Do you have to pay for the cakes or are they free?

3. What is the choice like?

There are pastries available in the buffet in the afternoon and also some nicer ones in the coffee bar. The pastries including cakes and cookies are no extra charge. The coffee in the buffet area is no extra charge and almost worth it. The coffee in the coffee bar (Cafe Al Bacio) is espresso based and pretty good and costs roughly $4/cup for most types.

Also, late afternoon they set up afternoon snacks, sometimes called tea time, in the buffet and they'll have a wider arrangement of small cakes and pastries along with tea sandwiches and scones - all no extra charge.

What is the choice like? Easier to see than to describe so check it out when you're on board!

Can anyone give me answers to my coffee and cake questions for the Constellation.

1. Is it possible to have nice cakes during the afternoon with a coffee anywhere on board?

One of our Cruise Critic contributors, Elena7seas, was kind enough to share these photos from the Millennium (a sister ship to Constellation) when someone else made a similar request previously.

Afternoon Tea on the Millennium

And more...

The assortments of afternoon goodies provided on Constellation should be similar to these. Everything shown is free. You help yourself to whatever you want.

In addition, they typically offer a fancier, sit-down tea in one of the restaurants one day during the cruise, but those may have an extra charge.

Amazingly talented pastry chef on the Constellation. I loved everything she made, especially the fruit tarts!

Archived