What else on PI besides Atlantis? Beach?

minimom5

Is there anything else to do on Paradise island besides Atlantis that is family friendly? Would like to go over to PI on our one day in port but don't really want to do a waterpark since we have these at home. Our cruise ship (NCL Gem) offers a beach day at Atlantis that includes the aquariums but no pools ( so that is an option) and I am wondering if anyone knows which beach they use for this excursion? Is it the same as cabbage beach? Any info/advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Is there anything else to do on Paradise island besides Atlantis that is family friendly? Would like to go over to PI on our one day in port but don't really want to do a waterpark since we have these at home. Our cruise ship (NCL Gem) offers a beach day at Atlantis that includes the aquariums but no pools ( so that is an option) and I am wondering if anyone knows which beach they use for this excursion? Is it the same as cabbage beach? Any info/advice is appreciated! Thanks!

Why limit yourself to Paradise Island??? It's Atlantis-centric.

There's more to see and enjoy in Nassau/ Cable Beach or on a tour.

what are you looking for?? a beach? Snorkeling? Seqway? Zoo?

Why would you pay to go to Atlantis beach when the free beach is the same beach just a few meters east?

Tells us what you want to do and we'll point you in the right direction.

For a great beach with pools.. look into the sheraton at cable beach. It's $25 pp and is easily accessible by the #10 jitney for 1.25

BTW. Cabbage beach can be too rough for young kids. it has a drop off and sometimes a rip tide.

Better to use the beaches in nassau/ cable beach.

Didn't realize this post was from you MM.. I didn't expect you'd be back to square one. AGAIN.

JMHO - I think you are overthinking this and will find yourself disappointed no matter what you do.

Your traveling during spring break.. the popular spots will be manic.

Your choices for gettting away from the crazies are slim. Sheraton, Hilton, Blue Lagoon.

Even Cabbage Beach will be crazy, since it's free, it the choice of 1000's of spring breakers on a budget. Atlantis? Nuts during this time?

and you're right; I am over thinking this. I am back to square one and making myself ( and my DH ) crazy! I just want it to be a perfect day and every time I think I know what we are going to do I read a post that discourages me from it. My husband just wants to go on a nice, peaceful snorkel tour and sit on the beach for a couple of hours. I thought I had it all worked out to do BCH beach and a snorkel tour w/Blue Hole but then I had to go and read some negative posts about the Hilton and how scary the walk is from the port....I probably need to stop reading and just book it and be done!!!!

and you're right; I am over thinking this. I am back to square one and making myself ( and my DH ) crazy! I just want it to be a perfect day and every time I think I know what we are going to do I read a post that discourages me from it. My husband just wants to go on a nice, peaceful snorkel tour and sit on the beach for a couple of hours. I thought I had it all worked out to do BCH beach and a snorkel tour w/Blue Hole but then I had to go and read some negative posts about the Hilton and how scary the walk is from the port....I probably need to stop reading and just book it and be done!!!!

Scary walk to the hilton.. must be a joke.

It's a short walk along the wharf. Nothing scary about it. If you are going to jump every time someone asks you if you want you're hair braided you may as well stay on the boat.

Nassau may not be your home town, but it's not the home of the boogie man.

The walk to the Hilton is the easiest, simplest and safest you'll find in the nassau paradise island area.

Archived