Yabadabadoo - just booked Dream 8/4 Caribbean!

So excited - we went on the Dream last Easter around the Med and it was great - love the cabins. We've never been to the Caribbean and never flown so far - yikes. Is the cruise director Stephen Guy? Hope so - he loves himself but is extremely talented. My daughter loves those theatre shows.

We don't usually book many excursions - we like to do our own thing, local buses etc to save money. Are there must-see places on the Caribbean Treasures route and is it a good idea to book independent excursions in advance?

Thanks for reading this, these forums are so informative. Hi to anyone who'll be on the same cruise.

:) xx

Hi jaceyar

Lucky you. We've done the Caribbean twice on Destiny it's that good.

For St Maarten you can book Bernards Tours online before you go. We did and had a fabulous day a lot cheaper than the Thomson tours. The highlight has to be Maho Beach where the planes come in over the beach just above your head - it's amazing.:eek:

There are other threads on here I think which give you some more good private tours and I'm sure Kruzseeka will give you lots of info on the DIY approach.

Anyway, have a great time - I'm sure you will love it.

Janet

Thanks Janet - I've had a look at Bernard's website - it looks good. Will take blinkers for the OH at the nudist beach! Am I right in thinking that US dollars will be the best currency to take?

Cheers

Jacqui

We're on that one as well. Just sorted out the insurance, good grief what a nightmare. Do you say you're on a cruise or not and does it matter? One wanted to charge a fair bit more for a cruise, I would have thought that we would be safer on board at night than off ship, tripping up and breaking a leg wise. Got sorted with a company that wanted to know every island we were visiting.:eek::eek: Not easy to remember when the itinerary just says the towns we dock at.

Jan

We're on for 2 weeks from 1st April so will be on our second week when you join the ship. Are you on for one or two weeks?

1st time in the Caribbean for us too - really looking forward to it. We will probably do a couple of trips but mostly will do our own thing.

:)only three weeks on Sunday!!!!:D

Carol & John

We also did Bernard on St Marteen very nice day it was, the planes are brilliant.

I expect ins is more expensive incase you need to be air lifted off the ship.Who did you get it with?

I have put a couple of reviews on here about our trip in Feb.

We got back from the Dream last month and ,yes Stephen Guy is the CD. You can buy anything with US dollars.Maho beach is a great place to go.Lovely beach,the planes and a fantastic beach bar.By dinner time the place will be heaving.I think a taxi from the port was about 8 dollars if you can find a couple more to share with or just mention to the driver and they will wait until they find somebody to make the numbers up.

We enjoyed Orient Beach on St Maarten, fabulous and not expensive by cab from outside the port. Lots of bars (not noisy) offering reasonably priced snacks, sunbeds, brollies, drinks, etc, etc. We went to Orange Fever and can recommend that; its almost adjacent to the nudist section but there's plenty of places to choose from and they all display their prices so you can walk along and decide where you want to settle down.

Archived