Blue Ha Dive Shop

ERCruiser

I was on the Grand the week of April 9th. I had made a reservation to dive with Blue Ha in Majahual. This was my first salt water dive, and I was not dissappointed. I took the skill refresher while onboard the Grand on Sunday. Chris was my dive master and Becky came along to film the dive. There were only five of us total. A father and daughter also fron the Grand joined us. We dove "Pez Quadro"(Sp.), and it was great! We descended to about 75 feet initially. I had some problems equalizing, but after the first couple of minutes, all was good. We saw many species of coral, sponges and tons of fish. The colors were spectacular, even as deep as we were. The water was really clear and we had great visibility. One of the best parts of the dive happened during our safety stop. 2 Remora decided to join us at our safety stop. They were about 5-7ft long and they swam really close to us.

I had a great time, and I cannot wait to go again! Thanks Blue Ha, and thanks Becky for the great video.

Good Evening ERCruiser!

My wife, son and I are seriously considering diving with Blue Ha in August.

We have made about 5 dives in Cozumel and would like to try another site.

What kind of boats did they have? Were they easy to reboard. I ask because my wife had extensive shoulder surgery in December and still has some limitations when raising her arm. Also, did you use their equipment or yours. We normally carry our own; but would like to leave some of the extra luggage at home if possible. Any information you could offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Captain Ronn

I can also answer your questions. We dove from the Grand on April 4th. I have a more extensive review below. Blue Ha has only a very small 6 person outboard boat. No shade. You get into the boat from the ankle deep water at the beach. To get into the water with your SCUBA gear, you sit on the side of the boat and fall backwards into the water.

They carried our tanks completely to and from the dive shop to the boat, which was only across the road. So, there was little effort. We used a little portable ladder to climb back in. But Jono, the dive instructor, took off our tanks before we had to climb back into the boat, so it was easy. I felt very taken care of, this was my first dive in 16 years!

We used all their equipment completely.

Let me know if you have any other questions...

World Traveler,

Thank you for the information and the great review. I may forego the dives with Blue Ha though. My wife's shoulder is still recovering and I'm not sure she would be able to get back into the boat. We may have to postpone until our next visit. Again, thanks.

Captain Ronn

Thanks for the info. We will be cruising the Rhapsody over Christmas and my husband and sons are thinking about diving with Blue Ha. I don't swim, but the things you said, makes me feel more comfortable about them going, since this will be their first salt water dive.

Archived