Royal Suite Amenities Question

dylancole

Are there any perks that are not listed that are a pretty standard in suites? I've heard that although not listed that there may be alcohol supplied in the room.

The larger suites often (but not always) receive some extra perks. These should never be expected since they are discretionary. It is quite possible you will have one or two liters of liquor and some mixers in your suite; if so usually your butler can swap it for a different type of liquor (provided it is not a more premium brand). You often (again not always) will be granted some or all of the Elite Captain's Club perks even if you are not Elite. You might receive some invitations such as to dine at the Captain's table, sail-a-way party on the helipad etc. If it is an M-Class ship you often are invited to have a complimentary dinner at a specialty restaurant on the first night (S-Class suite guests automatically receive free specialty restaurant dinners for 1-2 meals depending on cruise length). Keep your expectations low for extra perks (since none are guaranteed) and then be pleasantly surprised if you receive some of them.

Question--- we are on a M class in a sky suite. We were told we will get a free specialty dinner. My question is, do we have to do it the 1st night of the cruise, or do we get to choose the night??

Kathie

Question--- we are on a M class in a sky suite. We were told we will get a free specialty dinner. My question is, do we have to do it the 1st night of the cruise, or do we get to choose the night??

Kathie

Who told you this? Unless this is brand new, this is not a guaranteed perk. On M-Class ships suite guests often receive an invitation to dine in a specialty restaurant complimentary on the first night, but this is not a sure thing. On rare occasions suite guests on M-Class ships are invited on nights other than the first night, but this is infrequent and highly unlikely with a Sky Suite to occur.

It seems to me that when we got the offer on Solstice, when we were in a CS, it was for the first night. Personally, I enjoy being in the MDR the first night, meeting our table mates, waiters, etc, so we didn't go. We had already made a reservation for specialty restaurant for later in the week, and it was not comped.

I don't know how it will work on M-class, but we are staying in a RS on Millie in 2 weeks, so I will let you know when we return, if that helps!

On page #51 in the X cruise book it states all suite amenities include "one complimentary dinner for two in a specialty restaurant for cruises up to seven days". Am I missing something?

I believe that is for "S" class ships. On "M" class ships, it is not guranteed. :)

It seems to me that when we got the offer on Solstice, when we were in a CS, it was for the first night. Personally, I enjoy being in the MDR the first night, meeting our table mates, waiters, etc, so we didn't go. We had already made a reservation for specialty restaurant for later in the week, and it was not comped.

I don't know how it will work on M-class, but we are staying in a RS on Millie in 2 weeks, so I will let you know when we return, if that helps!

My bad. Didn't see the S class only.

I'm sure you'll get this comp, I hope you do! This will be our 1st X cruise, but 18th in all. We will be elite due to our diamond level on RCLL. We started in cc & upgraded to sky for no extra when the prices went down. I know we will enjoy it & hope you do as well!

Kathie

In reading the revised Celebrity website section on suites....it says, without specification as to S or M class ships, or suite category...that suite guests receive (1) comp. dinner for 2 on cruises of 7 nights or less, and (2) comp. dinners for 2 on cruises of 8 nights or more, in a Specialty Restaurant.

Same page now states that Penthouse and Royal Suites receive one bottle of vodka, scotch or gin, with mixers.

Is this newly printed info? or am I reading it wrong? Or is this yet another case where the printed brochure info is different than the online info?

Thanks for any clarification.

Woody

On page #51 in the X cruise book it states all suite amenities include "one complimentary dinner for two in a specialty restaurant for cruises up to seven days". Am I missing something?

I believe that is for "S" class ships. On "M" class ships, it is not guranteed. :)

My Bad!,

I didn't notice it was S class only. Thanks!

Kathie

Indeed, the new 2012-13 Brochures are wonderful because they clearly print out all the "perks" for each class etc (I highly recommend that anyone planning a cruise with Celebrity order one of these Brochures as they are very very good this year in clearing up a lot of pre-cruise Questions)

BUT as mentioned, this one has a double-asterisk which means it ONLY is available on Solstice Class Ships.

One Complimentary Dinner for two in a Specialty Restaurant for cruises up to Seven Nights**

Two Complimentary Dinners for two in a Specialty Restaurant for cruises of Eight Nights or longer**

** For Celebrity Solstice Class ships only.

Cheers!

My Bad!,

I didn't notice it was S class only. Thanks!

Kathie

No problem. They do offer a comped specialty dinner the first night to a lot of suites on "M" class however. :)

We were in a CS on our recent cruise on an M class ship and were offered complimentary dinner for two in a speciality restaurant on a night of our own choice. There doesn't seem to be any consistent policy on this and it is best not to have an expectation of extra perks, so that anything you do get is a nice surprise.:)

I just checked Celebrity's new website and found this: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_suites&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

This is definitely different from when I checked last week. There is no qualification to the speciality dining perk and the "Special Amenities for Penthouse and Royal Suites" is new. However, the alcohol perk listed is less than that the discretionary perks [more often than not] provided in the PH and RS - only one bottle and restricted to vodka, scotch and gin.

The suite facilities as accessed by ship do not appear to have changed: http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=EC#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=PS&cabincls=D&shipCode=EC

and: http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=CS#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=PS&cabincls=D&shipCode=CS

It will be interesting to see what is reported here as the actual experience.

Sue

I just checked Celebrity's new website and found this: http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type3.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_staterooms_suites&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_staterooms

This is definitely different from when I checked last week. There is no qualification to the speciality dining perk and the "Special Amenities for Penthouse and Royal Suites" is new. However, the alcohol perk listed is less than that the discretionary perks [more often than not] provided in the PH and RS - only one bottle and restricted to vodka, scotch and gin.

The suite facilities as accessed by ship do not appear to have changed: http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=EC#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=PS&cabincls=D&shipCode=EC

and: http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=CS#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=PS&cabincls=D&shipCode=CS

Sue

Thanks so much!! Just printed this & will take it on our May cruise in a sky suite. Hope we can do this any night as we would like to dine with friends in a non-suite cabin. Again THANKS!!!

Kathie

Sue

Well that certainly is a change...

I'd certainly advise anyone to do as KATHIE13 has done... take a print-out with you.

Because, well quite frankly, it hasn't been the first time that the Website has said something that doesn't "jive" with other info published by Celebrity.

Cheers!

Archived