Rock climbing

Dikucz

Does anyone know if there is a charge for the rock climbing on the Pearl?

Just curious. Thanks!

No charge! Make sure you bring a pair of socks along with you. You will also have to fill out a waiver form.

Thank you, but its not for me, lol, my three daughters are intersted. I will tell them to bring socks!!!! Waiver, hmm that kinda scares me, lol :eek:

Not a big deal. I have seen little kids do it! You will need to sign the waiver depending upon their age. There are a bunch of you tube videos. Just google ncl pearl rock climbing.

Did my first rock climb on the Gem this past December. As JVDMD said, you must wear socks. They provide the shoes. I also signed a waiver (everyone has to), and I'm 65! Was surprised there was no charge, and though they didn't even hint about a tip, we tipped the crew members who did my rigging and held the safety rope. It was a blast to climb and ring the bell! In December, I'm going to climb again, hopefully at the intermediate level.

Patricia :-)

Did my first rock climb on the Gem this past December. As JVDMD said, you must wear socks. They provide the shoes. I also signed a waiver (everyone has to), and I'm 65! Was surprised there was no charge, and though they didn't even hint about a tip, we tipped the crew members who did my rigging and held the safety rope. It was a blast to climb and ring the bell! In December, I'm going to climb again, hopefully at the intermediate level.

Patricia :-)

Was rock climbing available all day on the Gem, or only during certain hours?

Was rock climbing available all day on the Gem, or only during certain hours?

It's only available certain hours. Check the daily newsletter as soon as you get it.

I will say that the crew was at the climbing wall promptly as advertised; even if no one was climbing, they were in place to help anyone who wanted to climb.

• 4 weeks later...
It's only available certain hours. Check the daily newsletter as soon as you get it.

I will say that the crew was at the climbing wall promptly as advertised; even if no one was climbing, they were in place to help anyone who wanted to climb.

Are there times when it's empty?

Are there times when it's empty?

We went last week and there were many, many times when it was empty. My kids were able to climb back to back to back. The limitation was their own exhaustion!

The only day I saw it be really busy was the final sea day, when there was a wait of probably 30-40mins, 4 or 5 people deep. However, that was with only one person working the ropes and one person helping with rigging (which was the case each day).

Lastly, to answer my own question above, on the first day the daily showed the wall to be open from 3:45-7, but there was noone there for us, (we could have asked I guess but we just moved on to explore more of the ship) so we just went the 2nd day.

We went last week and there were many, many times when it was empty. My kids were able to climb back to back to back. The limitation was their own exhaustion!

The only day I saw it be really busy was the final sea day, when there was a wait of probably 30-40mins, 4 or 5 people deep. However, that was with only one person working the ropes and one person helping with rigging (which was the case each day).

Lastly, to answer my own question above, on the first day the daily showed the wall to be open from 3:45-7, but there was noone there for us, (we could have asked I guess but we just moved on to explore more of the ship) so we just went the 2nd day.

That's where i'm taking the kids.

Archived