Silhoutte cabins Cat 2C & 2D

fun2cruise

Thanks every one. We have chosen 6126 unobstructed for $150 each per cruise.

6190 obstructed was going to be $100 each per cruise. A no brainer really $50 extra for unobstructed.

One of the cruises is 16 nights so it works out at $9.37 a day. The other in the B2B is 12 nights.

We are thrilled. Great bargains out there.

• 1 year later...

We are also assigned 6165 on the Silhouette. After reading some reviews, starting to worry about smelling smoke. I hate the smell of cigarettes. Also does anyone know if I have a large or small boat in front of our balcony.

Thanks for any input.

We are also assigned 6165 on the Silhouette. After reading some reviews, starting to worry about smelling smoke. I hate the smell of cigarettes. Also does anyone know if I have a large or small boat in front of our balcony.

Thanks for any input.

You will have the smaller tenders in front of you which will come up to the balcony floor, and the smoking area on Deck 5 is well aft of you so you should not have any smoke. Definitely not when the ship is moving and I would be surprised if there's ever any smell.

Is there also a smoking area outside the theatre, near the forward elevators. I have seen it mentioned several times on CC, but hope it's rarely used during the day, as we are also in 6165. Will definitely book starboard next time as I detest smoke.

We originally had a 1A balcony cabin, but when a Balcony Guarantee category came up for $799/person, we switched. I did NOT want an obstructed balcony, but switching saved us $950 on the cost of the cruise...so I took it.

We ended up with 2C balcony #6159. Port side. Didn't smell smoke once (and i'm super sensitive).

The obstruction didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Sitting down, this was the view:

DSC03187_zpsb25f1f1d.jpg

Edited by micmacmissy

We originally had a 1A balcony cabin, but when a Balcony Guarantee category came up for $799/person, we switched. I did NOT want an obstructed balcony, but switching saved us $950 on the cost of the cruise...so I took it.

We ended up with 2C balcony #6159. Port side. Didn't smell smoke once (and i'm super sensitive).

The obstruction didn't bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. Sitting down, this was the view:

DSC03187_zpsb25f1f1d.jpg

Thank you my husband is a reformed smoker and now he just can't stand the smell. If it was bad I would have to change as he would be miserable.