Cape Liberty,NJ

IKE

Need some help! We will be driving to the Voyager at Cape Liberty and would appreciate any info on Parking and Parking fees at the pier. Also what is the bes tand fastest way to get to the Pier from the Garden State Pkway or if there is a better way, appreciate your advice. IKE

Need some help! We will be driving to the Voyager at Cape Liberty and would appreciate any info on Parking and Parking fees at the pier. Also what is the bes tand fastest way to get to the Pier from the Garden State Pkway or if there is a better way, appreciate your advice. IKE

This should answer your questions

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/i-capeliberty.pdf

hehehe... reverse my directions then...

GSP to 78 East to NJT (Toward the Holland tunnel)... Over the bridge ... to the exit (Sorry I can't remember the exact number, but it is well marked)

Cruizlvr... Both my SIL's live in Great Kills.

I think they want directions to the ship (pier) from the Garden State Parkway. I need them as well, what exit do you get off from the Turnpike extension?

I live on Staten Island also,Take turnpike to exit 14A-Bayonne and folow signs to 440 south to the cruiseport.The cruiseport is on your left and is about 5 minutes from the 14A exit.

And here's an answer to your questions about parking and fees:

very very very easy. Cost $12 per day last summer. They take cash or credit cards. Just a simple gravel covered surface lot. They have a shuttle, but it's a VERY short walk. My estimation is that it was a shorter walk from my car to the terminal door than it was from my aft cabin door to the theatre in the front of the Voyager! Stay right as you come in on the driveway into the pier area. That's FAR RIGHT. Don't get stuck in the traffic dropping people and luggage off at the terminal, or picking people up. It will take a LONG time if you have to circle around again. Of course, if you have old or young or weak people with you that you HAVE to drop off, just remember to stay FAR RIGHT when you circle around again to get into the parking lot. Our bags are all on wheels, so we just walked the short way to the door ourselves with our bags.

Carol

Thank You "ALL" for your help. Carol, I appreciate your directions coming into the terminal area. I wrote it all down so I will not forget. You all have saved us lots of time wandering around. Have been on Voyager before but out of Miami and loved Her so will try Her out of NJ. Much closer than Fla. when driving. Again Thanks Everyone! Enjoy your Cruises when You go again. Ike

IKE

The other directions that you recieved were direct. Not to confuse you but I find the following way I find shorter. I grew up in Bayonne and this is the way we always went to upstate NY. I would only take this route when the malls are not open. They are closed on Sundays.

NY Thruway to Rte 17 south.

Rte. 17 south to Rte 3 east. (You are on this road for only a few minutes)

Rte 3 east to NJ turnpike south get off at exit 14A and follow signs for the terminal.

Like I said before I don't want to confuse you and the other directions are simpler. It is just another route.

Dear RMK,

Thank you for sending me the other set of directions. We live only about 15 minutes from the NY Thruway and it sounds good to us. We know Rte 17 is a busy Road and has heavy traffic. It is always good to have an alternative. We sail in Sept. I think on a Friday, so it is up to My Husband what He feels is the best way to go. Should only take us about 1hr and a half from where We live in Dutchess. Ike

GSP south -to- 80 east -to- 95 south (use western turnpike spurr, exit reads Sports Complex) -to- exit 14 (A thru C / Holland Tunnel) -to- exit 14A Bayonne - bear right up ramp 440 / 169 south - make 1st right - make next right - make left @ light - follow south to cruise port on your left.....

Thank you so much also for your great directions via Garden State Pkway. We are use to hoping on the GSP when traveling to Fla. Its great to have a few choices. You all saved us lots of time getting to the Pier. Ike

Archived