Toddler/baby-friendly attractions?

NJfoodie

This will be our second trip, and our first with DS who will be 3, and we will also be traveling with friends who have an infant. We'll be docked for 3 days in late May, and plan to get the bus/ferry pass. Can anyone suggest any activites that will interest young children? Anywhere that there may be a playground? I figure we'll probably do a mix of walking around St. George and Hamilton, visit a beach or two, and stay near the naval dockyard on the last day. Which beach would you consider most family-friendly?

We cruised to Bermuda last May with our son and daughter in law and our 2yo grandaughter. Here are my suggestions:

The maritime museum at the dockyard has lots of open spaces to run and explore. If you go early, the sheep are easily seen. They all did the dolphin experience, but it was $$$! Your general admission allows you to walk right up to the dolphin pools...use caution No fencing here!

The playground just outside the entrance to snorkel park was a pleasant diversion as well.

It was too cool to swim (May 8) but we did take her on the bus to Horseshoe Bay. She had a blast digging in the sand! Invest in an inexpensive umbrella stroller to take on the bus.

She enjoyed the ferry ride to Hamilton. It started to rain so we went to BUEI (Bermudaa Underwater Exploration Institute) It was intersting and enjoyable for all! There was a childrens room complete with coloring and toys with a marine theme and a simulated shark cage ride that she got a kick out of. It is a 15 minute walk to the right as you get off the ferry and there is a sidewalk to keep you safe.

The best outing was to BAMZ (zoo and aquarium) A short bus ride from Hamilton. Just right for little ones!

I know others have taken young children to the caves but it is very dark when they shut off the lights and the floating bridges would make me uncomfortable.

We did not go to St George but have been there many times. If it happens to be warm enough to swim (this season is a heck of alot warmer than it was last year!) Tobacco bay is nice and shallow but it is a pretty steep climb up the hill with a stroller.

Harbor Night on wed nights in Hamilton did not start until June last year (budget cuts) but if they have it when you are there don't miss it. Lots of things for the kids such as the train, bouncy things, rides and crafts. Cool street shopping for you too!

My grandaughter enjoyed collecting glass at the glass beach but not sure it was worth it to my daughter in law to make sure she was safe.

I probably would stay out of the stores. The shopkeepers seam less tolerant of little ones than they are in the states.

Have a wonderful cruise and make lots of memories. The photobook we made on Shutterfly is still my favorite!!! Hope this info is helpful. We'll be right behind you in June. No grandaughter this time though.

We were in Bermuda last year with our DGS and his parents (who would tell you that's the order of importance in our eyes ;)). The beach near King's Wharf was very rocky and hard on the feet. We took a bus to Horseshoe Bay, which was divided (naturally) into a gentle cove and regular beach. The cove was perfect for the little ones; they were entraced by some beautiful fish that were darting around them. We took a public bus there, but it is a rather steep walk down so for the return we took the taxis that were waiting at the bottom.

Archived