Any Secrets to Getting a Cabin Upgrade?

I am booked in an inside cabin on Monarch in 2 weeks. The ship has tons of OV unsold cabins. Prices are still pretty high. I am thinking those will not all be taken in 2 weeks.

We got a super great deal $139pp and upgrading to OV on the same level would be about $850 - not worth it.

Has anyone ever been able to upgrade for free once they boarded? Every cruise I've been on, I've seen the "no upgrades available sign"

How do you get the upgrade fairy call?

We are ok with the IS if we don't get an OV upgrade since we dont have sea days, but figure why not try.

I had booked an inside for our cruise coming up on March 12 on Liberty. About 2 weeks ago, I called to see what upgrades were available and they upgraded me FOR NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE to a balcony, as those prices had come down. It's only two of us, so that does make upgrading easier, it seems.

Good luck.

I am booked in an inside cabin on Monarch in 2 weeks. The ship has tons of OV unsold cabins. Prices are still pretty high. I am thinking those will not all be taken in 2 weeks.

We got a super great deal $139pp and upgrading to OV on the same level would be about $850 - not worth it.

Has anyone ever been able to upgrade for free once they boarded? Every cruise I've been on, I've seen the "no upgrades available sign"

How do you get the upgrade fairy call?

We are ok with the IS if we don't get an OV upgrade since we dont have sea days, but figure why not try.

Put a tooth under your pillow and pray.:)

We are on the Monarch on May 7 and are in an OV. It is our first time with RCCL and I'm reading that the rooms are VERY tight. We can make due, but a JS would be much nicer, but at $400 each extra, that just didn't fit our budget.

As of right now, there are LOTS of cabins available - in all categories. I certainly would be willing ot make the call....seems they could make us very happy plus be able to resell our cabin. How early/late should I wait to make that call - we still have 2 months to go.

watch for the C&A Monday sale early Monday mornings. (Monarch is regularly a part of this). When you see the price you'd pay for an OV or JS, call ASAP and ask for a supervisor if the rep you get says "for new bookings only."

I did this on Monday and went from a Q to a D1 on Navigator. Now there are no OV or balconies left on this ship (3/16)... You have to pounce!

Helps to be C&A and play up your loyalty, etc. Also Florida residency helps, they know I'm probably not going to miss my flight :-)

Calling didn't do any good. I was offered the same price as on the rcl site.

I too always see the no upgrade sign. I wonder if they are really sold out, or if they just don't want to bother with people whining about upgrading.

I just hear of people getting calls from the upgrade fairy, and being bumped up to nicer levels. How do they do that?

Archived