no parking

cruzincajun

hello,first timer here.We are on the conquest 5/15.I hear the parking is afu due to construction.I also read that the fulton lot won't take carnival passengers???? Thinking about booking in the machu piccu lot or I see a lot on the port map at tchopotulis street,is this the lot carnival is using?

Help!!!!!

Thanks

Cajun

Hi Cajun, My DH & I will also be on the Conquest May 15th. The parking lot at Tchoupitoulas St & Melpomeme St is where we are going to park. I'm sure there will be some problems any where we park but at the Carnival lot they will check in your bags and then bus you to the ship. Since I can get my bags checked in there that seems like a good idea to me.

So carnival will take your luggage from the lot to the boat? That sounds like a plan.We will try and arrive early.I would guess parking will be a little harder to find with the main lot at the terminal out of service.

Thanks,Cajun

Cajun,

I checked out that thread. That's strange? On Carnival's website under FAQ's, It states that the NO Port has made arrangements with fulton street garage and is one of the recommended places to park until they get the new parking garage completed. It also states that they have baggage check-in and free shuttle to and from the terminal. I am staying at the Holiday Inn on convention center blvd next to this garage and have 7 days parking included in my hotel stay for $139. I believe the parking is at this garage. I hope I don't run into any problems?? Has anyone else had problems at this garage? Do you have to leave your keys with them?

I've used Fulton St. Garage many times. When the port parking lot was first torn down, there WAS absolute chaos at Fulton St. Garage. Now, I understand, they've got the kinks worked out, and it's more accessible.

No, you do not leave your keys with them. It's a multi-level parking garage, you lock your car, go down the elevator, pay the fee (or show voucher, I guess), and there are guys there checking your luggage in. The guy with the manifest will make sure you have the correct tags. Be sure and tip him $1 per piece of luggage. Then they put your luggage on a bus (they're using the BIG busses now), and off you go to the terminal. EZ.:)

I would rather park in a covered garage.I see machu pichu tours has a lot for the same price that is "shelterd from the rain".Whatever that means.I'm assuming the lot at tchopatolus(sp) street is open,not covered.We are going with a large group and I don't want everyone to get to fulton and have to go somewhere else.I may try and find a number for them and see what the deal is.

Thnaks,

CC

A little update.I called the fulton garage and they said if you are sailing on the conquest you have to park at the tchopotulous street lot.They don't allow 7 day cruisers on the conquest to park there.The lot at tchopatulous is not covered btw.

CC

Did they say why? I pulled this from their web site.

SERVING ALL PORT OF NEW ORLEANS CRUISE LINES

red_point.gifCarnival Cruise Lines

• Carnival Cruise Lines, Carnival Conquest
  • Carnival Cruise Lines, Holiday

red_point.gifRoyal Caribbean International

• Royal Caribbean, Grandeur of the Seas

red_point.gifNorwegian Cruise Line

• Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Dream

I emailed the garage since we have a voucher that is included in our rate - we will see what they have to say.

Also I called the Holiday Inn on Convention Center Blvd and asked them directly if the garage would reject the voucher and they said NO - that the garage would accept the voucher.

Now I'm a little worried.

Let's see if they answer my email.

OK - I just called (to set my mind at ease) and this is what I was told.

If you are staying at the hotel and get a voucher then they don't care which ship you are on - they will even shuttle you over. If you are not staying at the hotel then Conquest cruisers have to use the other lot. This could be an advantage to those using the hotel - since the shuttle shouldn't be as crowded (provided there are no other ships in port).

Now on the Port of New Orleans website they show that the Dream only sails out of NO from November to March, and RC from November to May - outside of that there is only the Conquest, Sensation and the river boats. I would think outside of those months there wouldn't be an issue.

So I guess the bottom line is - as long as you have a voucher from a hotel to park at the garage on Fulton Street then you are good to go.

I'm still hoping they respond to my email so I can take it with me.

If you have a hotel package I think you can park there.I think because of the main port lot being closed fulton does'nt want to fill their lot with cruisers.That's all I can figure.I'm going to call mach pichu tomorrow and see if their lot is covered.I did'nt mean to imply if you had a package deal you could'nt park there.I just think they are restricting drive up parking due to the shortage at the port.

CC

It does appear that they want to keep spots open for others - as I know the hotel uses it for overflow. I think it may be less of an issue when the other lines are not using the pier.

It put my mind at rest knowing that they will honor the voucher and it is covered - which is another reason I thought it was worth the money. We are traveling in what they consider low season so we are paying $129 for the room and 7 nights parking - not a bad deal in my opinion.

Here is the response from my eamil -

Dear Ms. Z,

Generally speaking, cruise parkers leaving on the Carnival Sensation

park at this facility, while parkers for the Carnival Conquest and vehicles

too large for the height limit (6'7") at Fulton park at an Ampco System

Parking operated surface at Tchoupitoulas and Melpomene (701 Melpomene, just south of the business 90 highway). However, those customers with stay and cruise packages with Holiday Inn Select are accomodated at this facility, and should let the lot attendant know the circumstances of your stay.

Holiday Inn should supply you with a parking voucher to provide instead of

paying for parking.

Regards,

Brett Lehr

Cruise Ship Operations Manager

SOOOOO everything is set and I can't wait. I did print out a copy of the email and put it in my cruise folder - better safe then sorry.

hello,first timer here.We are on the conquest 5/15.I hear the parking is afu due to construction.I also read that the fulton lot won't take carnival passengers???? Thinking about booking in the machu piccu lot or I see a lot on the port map at tchopotulis street,is this the lot carnival is using?

Help!!!!!

Thanks

Cajun

Yes Machu Picchu Travel's parking is sheltered and secure. It is the same rate as the official parking lot, except they don't shuttle they transfer you straight away and there are restrooms at the facility. They even gave me beads one time. Just thought I should tell you all www.machupicchutours.com, you have to click on Cruise Services. They also do transportation from the airport to cruise if I remember correctly.

:D

Archived