First time on Celebrity Solstice - Suggestions Please!

airlinerob

Hi All -

I will be on the Celebrity Solstice for the first time the week of March 25th. It's an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Since I've never been on a Solstice Class ship, I would love to hear all your "secret tips" for sailing on this ship.

What is "not to miss"?

Can't wait to hear your feedback on this ship!

Thank you for your assistance!

Robert

Hi All -

I will be on the Celebrity Solstice for the first time the week of March 25th. It's an Eastern Caribbean cruise.

Since I've never been on a Solstice Class ship, I would love to hear all your "secret tips" for sailing on this ship.

What is "not to miss"?

Can't wait to hear your feedback on this ship!

Thank you for your assistance!

Robert

Come on everyone! :-)

You must have some "TIPS" and "SUGGESTIONS" for a newbie who has never been on the Solstice.

I'm not new to cruising, or even new to Celebrity (although it has been over 5 years since I've been on Celebrity). I just want to know what I should expect and ways to make the most of my time on board! :-)

Robert

We sailed on the Solstice on January 29 and thoroughly enjoyed our cruise. Some of the highlights were: (1) Bistro on Five - crepe restaurant with $5.00 cover charge, (2) Corning Hot Glass Show, (3) Comedian Tony Daro, (4) Guest lecturers, (5) Galley Tour, (6) Illusionist J. Bishop, (7) plenty of covered/shaded lounge chairs, (8) beautiful bathrooms in the cabins and around the ship, (9) best buffet at sea, (10) very good toiletries (11) very good selection of free movies on the cabin TV - recent movies.

We have been on almost 30 cruises and the Solstice was our favorite ship. We have previously sailed on Cunard, Celebrity, Princess, RCCL, Norwegian and Carnival.

These aren't exactly secrets but they are some tips, or things I've enjoyed.

The Aqua Spa Cafe. Open for breakfast and lunch for everyone. Mostly cold items that are already plated but you can have cooked to order salmon and chicken (sometimes pork tenderloin) at lunch time. Alas, not open for dinner. I love the cold soups there. And the breads. And the muesli at breakfast.

It's also usually open at embarkation (as is Bistro on 5)

Cafe al Bacio. A charge for the various coffee and tea drinks (which I think are excellent) but the small pastries at bkfst, finger sandwiches at lunch and the sweets the rest of the time are complimentary. A nice place to people watch and they have soft music during the day at certain times.

Don't miss the Molecular bar. It may appear on the deck plan as "Galleria Tastings" unless they've changed the plan recently. Spectacular cocktails using unusual liquors. It's usually not as "social" as the martini bar, and usually not crowded.

Watch your dailies. They usually have an evening jazz concert on the lawn w/ cheese and wine (charge for the wine). Not very well publicized.

Use the luggage valet service - find out about it during the first few days of your cruise at Guest Relations. (check out my recent review "LONG Solstice Review - E. Carib 2/26...") for details. That was the best tip we got.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just walk around and explore all the nooks and crannies. Enjoy the atrium tree. Adult pool area. Plenty of relaxation in the sun and in the shade outside.

Try the specialty restaurants if you like.

It's such a gorgeous ship with friendly staff - have a marvelous trip and toast a drink to Cruise Critic!

It's been over 2 years since we sailed on the Solstice, but I loved it!!! don't miss the juggling bartenders in the Martini Bar. Be sure to have your waiter give you a tour of the Wine Tower in the MDR. If you need a little quiet time, sit for a few minutes in the library and just contemplate the beauty of the views. Have a specialty coffee ( charge) and a pastry ( no charge at the coffee bar. Sit in one of the double loungers at the pool, watch the pool light display at night.

Ciao,

Nikki

Archived