Liberty cabin- What did I do??

If you see this in time, there are aft verandas (6358, 60, 62, 64) and forward verandas 6524, 26, 28 and 30 currently available.

Depending on your original category you may be able to move relatively inexpensively. We too were inside and were able to upgrade for about $100 per cabin. We checked daily looking for a price drop and jumped on it as we knew we could no longer get on board credit. This is our second cruise where we were able to move to a balcony for almost the price of an interior.

If you are interested call them. One note, we had a price on the sight and when we called the rep did not have the same price as we did and then said, "wait a minute, the prices are changing in front of my eyes!" so you may want to do a pretend booking on the site and see if the price looks like something you would be willing to do.

You are so much better off with a window on a low deck than an inside on a higher deck. Besides, you have time before your cruise. Keep checking back. People cancel and move around all the time. An outside on a higher deck or balconies may open up at any time for little more than you paid. Do not be upset. I think you did good!

I also must jump on the "You did a good thing" train. Although I've never stayed in a lower, OV cabin, I've been in one during a cabin crawl and it's mesmerizing to see the waves just inches from your face! You will thank yourself! Deck 2 is also very, very quiet!

And just a tip, put a teddy bear or something noticable in your porthole and you'll be able spot your cabin from the pier (if you're facing the port that is). The couples cabin I visited on Deck 2 always put their cruise teddy bear there. It was a nice tradition.

Enjoy the view!!

Thanks for all the great advice and the support!! We were out of town, and by the time I got back on the internet, I didn't see the balcony cabins available... but I'll continue to check back! Thank you all so much! I feel much better!!!!

Archived