Love Boat Scrap

MikeM

It's splitsville --literally -- for the former Pacific Princess, aka " The Love Boat", featured in the hit 1970s and ’80s television show.

According to Italy's La Repubblica, after languishing at a dock in Genoa, Italy for more than a year, the ship is heading to the scrapyard to be broken up and sold for scrap metal.

I saw this on Today this morning. Too bad no one is coming to her rescue.

Bought the first season a couple of years ago. Then they got greedy selling half seasons, so I told them to take a hike.

I hate it when that happens,,,,however, let's face it. Even though we had some wonderful times aboard lots of those old ships, the new ones are soooooooooooo much better. Maybe they'll use some of the steel from "The Love Boat" to build a new ship.... Let's hope so.

"SKY"

People on the boards complain about sailing on a ship that is 8 -10 years old because they are too old. With that type of logic how do you expect cruise lines to fill a 40+ year old ship, which is at the end of its designed life?

People on the boards complain about sailing on a ship that is 8 -10 years old because they are too old. With that type of logic how do you expect cruise lines to fill a 40+ year old ship, which is at the end of its designed life?

Good point!

I think in this case it is more sentimental value then wanting to cruise on her. I mean think about it, the Love Boat really made cruising what it is today. I think the hotel idea is great, I for one would definately think about staying on the true Love Boat.

Archived