Camp Carnival - Tipping

rydan

Nothing. They are not in a tipped profession.

How many times have you tipped your child care giver?

I tip the day care teachers at the end of every Month. and every Christmas. They are taking care of my kids, I take care of them.

It depends on how good the camp staff are. Most of the time they are great, and my kids really take to them. Those are the girls we always tip $40 or so at the end of the week. Then there are others that you just dont have a good feeling about, like they are just there, so those we do not tip. Always tip according to how good they are with the kids. You can tell they dont get tipped all the time since they are usually surprised when we tip them. I feel that if they take good care of my kids, I will take care of them!

It is all based on service and the experieince that the kids have. Our kids (we have two) tend to love CC so they spend as much time there as they can. You can tell which of the CC staff like the kids and which ones are in it just for the job.

We tip $10 per day per kid. Yep, it may be a it may be a little much but $10 for taking care of your kids for a day is nothing. The staff really appreciates it.

Remember the better vacation that you kids have the better time that you will have.

At the end of a 7 day cruise, we typically tip the CC counselors $20-$30.

We tip them because our son is safe, entertained and it gives us a chance to do things as a couple. We certainly could not get "free" babysitting for that price!

You don't have to tip, but it is a nice gesture if you are pleased with their service.

We gave $40 to the camp staffer who made our son's cruise a great one. We also wrote her a personal note to thank her for doing such an amazing job. It's not a traditionally tipped position on a ship; however, on land, child care providers are often tipped annually.

Considering that land-based camps are around $200 a week near us, $40 for a service with more activities and longer hours is a steal.

Archived