Funship Freddy - Anyone else find him creepy?

BJDownUnder

Yes, he's a bit creepy looking with that big Joker smile. But somehow, little kids (and kids at heart) seem to like him. Our toddler son loved him (and yes, we ended up buying one of those stupid Funship Freddy dolls once our son spotted them at the gift shop :rolleyes:)

Edited by Tapi

I did not find him creepy ever, but my son from a small age to now 11 finds him totally creepy. He runs and hides and will leave the area when he sees him coming. Freddy now has me creeps out. Maybe it is the fear of unknown but I am going w/ my sons gut:eek:.

Kids seem to like him and that's what they want.

Many years ago I bought a pinata for a kid's party. I bought the most ugly looking think I could find and brought it. It turned out it was on of Barney's friends and no one wanted to hit it. Finally one of the adults hit it and some of the kids actually cried. I wanted to burn it, I guess looks are in the eye of the beholder.

What about the life size towel animal that they have now? I think that's worse. At least Funship Freddy has a facial expression. The towel animal looks like an oversized pile of dirty towels just walking around the ship...!

Freddy caused the most scare and the most fun of the cruise this past January aboard the Legend. The wife and I laugh about it now constantly.

One day on board we were just wandering around the ship, stopping in places we normally don't go into..stores, chapel, night clubs etc.. Well, unknown to us a few Camp Carnival kids were in a night club using it for dance lessons. Funship Freddy was going to "pop in on them"

It is hard to see in those costumes, vision is impaired... I was walking some marbled steps with my bad knee and Freddy came in charging to surprise the kids!...WHAM!!! Freddy runs into me, I fall back tumbling down the steps to the dance floor. I am not more sure what the kids looked at more, a Freddy wondering being confused what he hit, or the flailing 300+ pound man sprawled on the floor holding his knee and head.

Funny now, looking back.

Umm, errr, Yes! I think Funship Freddy is creepy and hideous! JMHO though. I think they could do much better for a mascot!!

I'd design a much better mascot for them for half the price they undoubtedly paid someone to design him!

Hey, Carnival......how about having a design our new mascot contest with the grand prize being an all expenses paid cruise in a suite on the ship/itinerary of winners choice!!! :D PLEASE???

Edited by silvercrikhix

Yes! Yes! and another Yes! He scares the living daylights out of my 4 yr. old. and she's almost platinum so she's cruised with us alot in 4 yrs. When she was 2 the person in the freddy suit came up from behind and tried to be cute, she was frantic and since them Freddy is not her fave for sure.

I love Freddy! I always want my picture with him!!

In fact, this past cruise, when I saw him, I ran up to him and hugged him, and said "I haven't see you since last February..I looked for you on the Ecstacy but couldn't find you.." LOL :o

See my Victory review for the photo of me with Freddy! I am all smiles!:D

Freddy caused the most scare and the most fun of the cruise this past January aboard the Legend. The wife and I laugh about it now constantly.

One day on board we were just wandering around the ship, stopping in places we normally don't go into..stores, chapel, night clubs etc.. Well, unknown to us a few Camp Carnival kids were in a night club using it for dance lessons. Funship Freddy was going to "pop in on them"

It is hard to see in those costumes, vision is impaired... I was walking some marbled steps with my bad knee and Freddy came in charging to surprise the kids!...WHAM!!! Freddy runs into me, I fall back tumbling down the steps to the dance floor. I am not more sure what the kids looked at more, a Freddy wondering being confused what he hit, or the flailing 300+ pound man sprawled on the floor holding his knee and head.

Funny now, looking back.

Hope you healed up okay. This thread has some hilarious posts. Funship Freddy Kreuger (I think I'll use that to troll) and BJs down there (its the only place for 'em).

Edited by mondello

We were just on the Dream and my wife and I kept saying that he was a terrible mascot. He is very creepy. He is basically the part of the ship that pollutes the air. He is the exhaust of the ship. While not much better we thought the towel character that walks around should be the mascot.