Early saver/free upgrade

If its the same rate as you paid and a higher category, then I would CALL whomever I booked with to change cabins.

I only fill out the form when Im trying to get a price drop.

Though my PVP does say to fill out the form for upgrades like this too .. but I would want to be speaking to someone and pick out my cabin. I would call.

I booked a 1A early saver for the Miracle and noticed the free upgrades last week for the same fare price after my final payment. Called my PVP and was granted a free upgrade to a 4D category cabin. Carnival would not give me an OBC and leave me in the 1A because the 1A fare and 4D fares were the same. I did not have to fill out the ES form.

I did call my pvp and got the upgrade from 8C to 8E for both my room and my parents room. My pvp said she will complete the ES form and submit it for us. Well, mine went through just fine but the pvp made a mistake on my parents form and theirs was denied. I called pvp and she said she would resubmit. Well, today we got another denial email from Carnival due to the upgrade is only for category 4. Uhm, we never had a category 4 and when I look at the fare viewer, the upgrade is still listed as being active.

I called Carnival to talk to someone else, and he (very hard to understand as his english was bad) told me that the price is no longer available. He is saying that since the mistake was made on the first ES form, and the price has now changed, my parents cannot get the price drop.

This is bad, very bad. My parents are going to be so upset about the mistake. Not sure what Im going to do if my pvp cant get it fixed. I sent her an email since she is off today and will wait to hear from her. Ive cruised with Carnival twice before using the same pvp and have never had a problem with customer service.

Whew, feel better now. Has anyone else had problems like this? If so, what did you do?:confused:

Archived