Help! Balcony on Sky

ibrinn

We have booked a Penthouse on Sky in November through a TA. 9002

Just realized that we will have to stand up to see any view from the balcony (solid steel railing)

Could anyone tell me if the aft balconies on the penthouse are the same or do they have railings?

Is it possible to change booking through TA?

Thanks

Dont worry about the balconies. I sailed in Sky aft penthouse 0064. It is true that the balcony is part hull but it is not that high. It has a wooden railing on top. These penthouse balconies are HUGE. You have access from bedroom and living room. they hold a full table with 4 chairs, 2 additional chairs and chaise loungers.

You will not have any obstrution of view. You can sit and watch the wake go by. You just made me remember a great memory. I remember one night waking up in bed and looking out the sliding door at the black sky. It was so full of stars and I could see the horizon have even brighter stars/planets that I could not see at home. And this was from laying down in the bed. Check out some youtube videos of the cabin and balcony.

The Sky penthouse is probably my favorite suite of any NCL ship. It is actually TWICE the size of the NCL Epic penthouse.

Regardless of a glass balcony or not, everyone looks over the railing for the view. IMO the balcony is a reason to book the cabin, not stay away from it.

Here I found this video of an aft suite on Sky. Since you are on deck 9, your balcony will actually be larger than this video. Look how nice the balcony is.

Are all aft balconys on the Sky soild wall?

I have a B1 booked, not suite, but it is an aft balcony on Deck 9 for my

May 25 sailing (I just checked today and the price went up, for the B1, $540 in total for the 3 of us).

Are all aft balconys on the Sky soild wall?

I have a B1 booked, not suite, but it is an aft balcony on Deck 9 for my

May 25 sailing (I just checked today and the price went up, for the B1, $540 in total for the 3 of us).

The aft balconies on Sky are not solid wall

Check out the video I earlier posted

Thank you David for the video. I really enjoyed it!

However, my dilema is whether or not to try to switch my booking from a forward penthouse to an aft penthouse. Pros/Cons?

I have just discovered that that the forward balconies are more closed in than aft. Plus, is wind an issue?

I don't even know if I can change through TA

my first cruise was in an aft penthouse on the Sky - our TA worked some magic on the upsell fairy to get us a good deal from our BA balcony. I loved being able to lay in bed and watch the view go by .I also liked having the living room and bed room seperated - on the Pearl it is all one big room - kind of like two balcony rooms combined (200 vs 400 sq ft). The only thing I did not like was the vibration when the main screws along with the aft thrusters were being used to pull out of port. I guess I should have gone to the sail away party. BTW it was also our 25th wedding anniversary. Sailing in a suite on the Pearl for our 35th :) 105 days to go. Here is a link to some actual photos of room 9002 on the Sky http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=122360

The aft balconies on Sky are not solid wall

Check out the video I earlier posted

Thanks. I did look at the video but it was for a suite so wasn't sure.

I'm in a B1 9077 just a regular balcony room that is aft.

Thanks.

Thank you David for the video. I really enjoyed it!

However, my dilema is whether or not to try to switch my booking from a forward penthouse to an aft penthouse. Pros/Cons?

I have just discovered that that the forward balconies are more closed in than aft. Plus, is wind an issue?

I don't even know if I can change through TA

Yes you will have wind issue and I think the layout is different and I could be wrong but I think the forward penthouses are a bit smaller?

Or they are just one big room, cant remember

I loved the Sky aft penthouse. My fav NCL cabin of all time.

Archived