Egypt

jjeffjb

Oceania has cancelled stops in Egypt on 2 cruises in the fall. However, Egypt is still on for Riviera's July 19 cruise. We're booked on the July 19 cruise. I know that cruise lines can cancel any port at anytime if passenger and crew safety is an issue. But I'm curious as to why Oceania would cancel Egypt in the fall but retain the stop in July. Thoughts?

Oceania has cancelled stops in Egypt on 2 cruises in the fall. However, Egypt is still on for Riviera's July 19 cruise. We're booked on the July 19 cruise. I know that cruise lines can cancel any port at anytime if passenger and crew safety is an issue. But I'm curious as to why Oceania would cancel Egypt in the fall but retain the stop in July. Thoughts?

Probably because those passengers who were INSISTING on both the Riviera AND Egypt when the maiden voyage was most recently rescheduled were put onto that cruise, and Oceania is trying to cushion them from even more changes as much as is possible.

map-lg-RVA120719.jpg

I know that when WE expressed dissatisfaction over "losing" Egypt, that was the cruise that we were offered.

Interestingly, Oceania had a dedicated team of CSR's, just trying to keep the displaced maiden voyagers happy. They were very well trained about the alternative voyages being offered and were happy to discuss them at length.

By that time, this itinerary had already lost Tunis, but if it had still been included, we might have made the switch.

Good luck on "getting there", as Cunard says, that is half the fun! :D

Four of us had signed up for an itinerary that included Egypt stops just as the revolution started and Oceania predictibly cancelled those two ports, so we cancelled the cruise. We are dying to see these ports (some friends went before all the problems started and it was one of the best cruises they ever took), but we will have to wait until things settle down....when that will be, who knows:confused:. I wouldn't be surprised if the summer itinerary will be cancelled as well...just too risky.

Four of us had signed up for an itinerary that included Egypt stops just as the revolution started and Oceania predictibly cancelled those two ports, so we cancelled the cruise. We are dying to see these ports (some friends went before all the problems started and it was one of the best cruises they ever took), but we will have to wait until things settle down....when that will be, who knows:confused:. I wouldn't be surprised if the summer itinerary will be cancelled as well...just too risky.

We are on this 7/19 cruise and hwith networked with other CC members. Most of us feel there's a very high probability of 5 ports being omitted and many are discussing canceling trip prior to final payment at end of month. O says that cancel date will not be extended and are firm in their right to make changes and no info as to what ports would be substituted. Most of us booked this cruise for the "Holy Lands". In response to your question, if they cancel Egypt/Israel on 7/19 cruise, then no one would book a fall cruise to Egypt, expecting the same. IMO, why cancel Egypt now and not after final payment, 3 weeks away?

We were on the Oct Athens to Istanbul and cancelled because of the port changes. We had many prvate tours scheduled in the cancelled ports also cancelled. We will wait until the crazy stuff settles down.

Agree. Our dilemma is that Egypt/Israel haven't been cancelled yet and final payment due soon.

Hello to you and Jeannie - sailed with you last summer.

Archived