Steam Room/Sauna

skittl1321

Are Carnival's Steam rooms/Saunas single sex or mixed?

Specifically Triumph, but I'm wondering about others.

We've never gone before, but I'd love to enjoy sitting in the room with my husband. It seems half the gyms around here are mixed, the other half seperate- so I don't know which to expect on a cruise.

We've never gone before, but I'd love to enjoy sitting in the room with my husband. It seems half the gyms around here are mixed, the other half seperate- so I don't know which to expect on a cruise.

I can tell you that on the Triumph and most Carnival ships that the saunas and steam rooms are not co-ed and are located in the men's and women's locker rooms.

I got another sauna/steam room question. Are they really hot inside, as in, difficult to breathe until you adjust to it? (in other words, like a Turkish bath) Or are they simply like being outdoors on a hot summer day in Arizona or Florida? I specifically want to know about Imagination or another Fantasy class ship, athough others are probably similar enough.

I was recently on the Dream, and they did have co-ed steam rooms.

I stepped in and right out as I could not breathe in there. My husband loves them however. I had never tried one before, cruise or not, so I can't compare them to others, but I felt like I was going to suffocate if I stayed in there... to each their own!

Sometimes, better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

About the heat question, I don't remember walking in and having any problems breathing, felt pretty good if I remember.

Matt

Archived