Summit Sky Suite 6146 - Post-Solsticization pics

BarbJ52

We were in this wonderful suite for the Feb. 25 cruise. As we had learned here on CC, it is connected to the Penthouse Suite and is appointed to match that suite. As mentioned by others, there were some occasions when we could hear the piano in the PH or conversation that happened near the door but we did not find this to be bothersome. We were fortunate to have great neighbors who were also part of our CC Roll Call. One interesting thing that we noted was that the balconies were also adjoining and we were able to open the door and go between the 2 balconies.

DSC01607.jpg

DSC01609.jpg

DSC01611.jpg

Thanks for posting these Barb. So glad I was able to get 6145 again; looks better than ever!! Wish they had loungers on the balcony though. Did you ask for them?

We didn't ask for loungers, nor did we use the balcony as much as we thought we would. I suppose that is because the cruise was so port-intensive.

It looks like the sofa and chair are new as well as the carpet. Do you know if the mattress was replaced? On our last two cruises in this suite on sister ships the mattresses were hard as rocks.

It looks like the sofa and chair are new as well as the carpet. Do you know if the mattress was replaced? On our last two cruises in this suite on sister ships the mattresses were hard as rocks.

Yes, the mattresses were definitely new - very comfortable for me. :)

Wow, beautiful! Thank you for sharing your photos. Too bad they can't make the side of the bathtub any lower, but the decor is just lovely!

I almost forgot! We had a little incident involving the bathroom. While we were in port one day, there was a problem with the toilet not flushing. As we attempted to get it flushed, we managed to fill it nearly to to top. Well it was late in the day and our neighbors in the PH invited us to a sailaway party, so headed next door. Our butler, Singh, was there so we mentioned the problem and he said he'd take care of it.

Well, a little while later we went back through the connecting door and found the butler and a maintenance person in the bathroom. Upon seeing us, Singh told us, "You won't be able to use this. They have to order a part." :eek: Oh, my! But before I had a chance to panic, I noticed that the maintenance crew member had a rubber plug in his hand that was clearly intended for the tub. Of course, it was too small and they proceded to explain that the mechanism was broken and that they didn't have the necessary spare part and would need to order it.

As for the toilet, it seems that there was a situation that effected many toilets that day. But, it was taken care of and we didn't seem to have any more problems with flushing.

Personally, I like a nice deep bathtub. But, as it turns out, we were never able to use the tub since we couldn't. :(

That's too bad. It felt so decadent soaking in the tub, glass of wine in hand, while at sea. It is quite a step up to get into the tub, I agree. The shower is awfully nice, and roomy, too.

Edited by librarylady19

That's too bad. It felt so decadent soaking in the tub, glass of wine in hand, while at sea. It is quite a step up to get into the tub, I agree. The shower is awfully nice, and roomy, too.

Yup, that's what I had in mind - soaking in the tub with a glass of wine in hand. But to be truthful, I'm not sure what part of my cruise I'd be willing to give up for that. Great cruise - great people - great memories. So I guess, all in all, it didn't really matter that we couldn't use the tub. :)

Edited by BarbJ52

Barb! OMG thats my room come June 10. The pictures are fabulous. Did you find the Butler accomodating and pleasant? What is mounted in the shower on the green tile? Is it a shelf or seat of some sort? Did you notice much ship movement? I usually opt for midship, but wanted this room badly ( mostly because of Sandi's posts). Thanks. Julie

Edited by nuekruizer

• 4 weeks later...
Barb! OMG thats my room come June 10. The pictures are fabulous. Did you find the Butler accomodating and pleasant? What is mounted in the shower on the green tile? Is it a shelf or seat of some sort? Did you notice much ship movement? I usually opt for midship, but wanted this room badly ( mostly because of Sandi's posts). Thanks. Julie

Julie,

There actually is nothing mounted on the green tiles in the shower. What you are seeing is a reflection of the bathtub. As far as movement goes, I didn't really notice much. But, it's only deck 6 and the seas weren't particularly rough.

Our butler, Singh, was very nice and accommodated what few needs we had. We don't really make much use of butler services, though.

Thanks for sharing. Would you please post your pics of the room on "cruise line rooms dot com" in the appropriate place, it really helps to build that database and it is a great reference tool for room pictures?

:)

• 4 weeks later...
We are so excited to be sailing in this cabin on 8/12/12! It truly looks beautiful and hopefully, being so close to the front will not have too much movement!:)

6146 is in the aft portion of the ship, it adjoins the penthouse suite which has an aft wrap-around balcony.

we had the penthouse 6148 on the summit in march and singh was decent. the summit's butlers have gone down hill lately and it is rumor that they are in the process of re training them. Although we were in the penthouse we felt like we had to beg for everything.

• 2 months later...