How's the dress code compared to other cruise lines?

pampaul

We've only been on 5 cruises so far with our 6th being this June. We've sailed...

NCL---twice (Jewel & Dawn)

Carnival---once (Miracle)

RCL---once (Monarch of the Seas)

Disney---once (Magic)

And will be on the new Disney Fantasy this June.

We've never been on HAL, but are thinking of doing a 7night Bermuda cruise this August. I am one that does not wear dresses or gowns. Every formal night I have been to, I have worn black dress pants along with a nice top. Would I be out of place on HAL?

I would say that out of the mainstream cruiselines HAL is one of the more formal, but with what you described you will be fine. I have actually just stopped bringing long gowns in favour of black pants and interchanging tops and scarves for formal and everyday dining on board.

Enjoy:)

Every formal night I have been to, I have worn black dress pants along with a nice top. Would I be out of place on HAL?

It sounds like the outfits that my wife generally for formal nights. You will fit right in.

We've only been on 5 cruises so far with our 6th being this June. We've sailed...

NCL---twice (Jewel & Dawn)

Carnival---once (Miracle)

RCL---once (Monarch of the Seas)

Disney---once (Magic)

And will be on the new Disney Fantasy this June.

We've never been on HAL, but are thinking of doing a 7night Bermuda cruise this August. I am one that does not wear dresses or gowns. Every formal night I have been to, I have worn black dress pants along with a nice top. Would I be out of place on HAL?

Nope. You'll fit right in. On Formal nights I wear a sequin top with black palazzo slacks while hubby wears a tux. I've never felt out of place.

Archived