Celebrity's Main Dining Room

Bridge Maven

Which do you think is the best option?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you think is the best option?

• Convert a specialty restaurant to a formal main dining room
    • Convert a specialty restaurant to a casual main dining room
    • Keep all of the specialty restaurants as pay venues

Believe what you want & dress however you like, it makes no difference to me. I'll still dress down & wear the least amount of clothing necessary to gain admittance to the dining room removing the uncomfortable clothing once seated, all for your enjoyment. That is unless they start serving good food at the buffet, then you'll never see me on formal nights till the show. (in casual clothing of course)

nobody will ever see you on a Celebrity cruise anyhow

As the original poster on this thread, I would like to make a few comments.

Like it or not, given the combination of Celebrity's lower base price with so many berths to fill, its passenger base is now as diverse as any other mass market cruise line.

Regarding formal night - I think Celebrity passengers now fall into one of five categories:

Those who love formal night

Those who no longer like it but will abide by the rules whether they like them or not

Those who blend in, even they they don't follow the dress code perfectly

Those who wear whatever they want, and eat in the main dining room anyway

Those who don't want to observe formal night and eat in an alternative venue

It was not my intent to have posters pass judgement on other posters, based on what category they fall into, but to suggest an idea that I think will address the current situation. That is why I think it would be good to have two different main dining rooms with two different dress codes. This idea is not unique. It is a common trend in upscale country clubs, upscale hotels, and upscale restaurants.

With all of the dress code threads beating a dead horse I actually thought your thread made some really good suggestions. Early on it was a fairly civil discussion. Now I see the school yard bullies have come out to play. It won’t be long before this gets locked and I just wanted to let you know that this long time CC member appreciated the brave effort. :)

I would vote for this. I wouldn't like the formal night being changed to a specialty restaurant if I had to pay to go there. That would irritate me to have to pay for a specialty restaurant in order to have formal night.

But one may make every night formal night if one likes, no? If we go to a SR on formal night we dress formal, it's not to avoid dressing. If we feel like dressing we do and to H-E double hockey stickes with anyone that does not like it. ~ Ric

With all of the dress code threads beating a dead horse I actually thought your thread made some really good suggestions. Early on it was a fairly civil discussion. Now I see the school yard bullies have come out to play. It won’t be long before this gets locked and I just wanted to let you know that this long time CC member appreciated the brave effort. :)

Thank you, TRadle :)

Archived