Portable Phones On The Magic

Terrence Richards

Hello, this will be our first cruise with Disney on the Magic.

I just finished the "Online Check-In Signature Form". On the form is a paragraph about two portable phones provided in each cabin and the $250 fee for each phone if they are damaged or not left in the stateroom when disembarking.

How do these phones work around the ship? Are they similar to a "walkie - talkie"?

Thanks for your help?

Terrence

Hello, this will be our first cruise with Disney on the Magic.

I just finished the "Online Check-In Signature Form". On the form is a paragraph about two portable phones provided in each cabin and the $250 fee for each phone if they are damaged or not left in the stateroom when disembarking.

How do these phones work around the ship? Are they similar to a "walkie - talkie"?

Thanks for your help?

Terrence

These are the wavephones.

2s17txy.jpg

They work like regular cell phones. However, they do not ring, only vibrate, so be sure you have them on your body in order to know you are receiving a call. They only work on the ship and Castaway Cay. You can text with them.

:)

I've read a tip about the phones...

when you disembark, take a picture of the phones sitting safely in your stateroom. They have time/date on them. That way if you need to , you can prove they were in your room when you left. Just in case you are mistakenly charged.

I've read a tip about the phones...

when you disembark, take a picture of the phones sitting safely in your stateroom. They have time/date on them. That way if you need to , you can prove they were in your room when you left. Just in case you are mistakenly charged.

Thanks for the advice.

I was thinking about it, and thought I would have my room attendant have me sign for their return. The photo is a very good suggestion.

Terrence

Archived