May I Ask A Favor?..

USNUZULOOSE

I have been searching with no luck, but it may be me and not knowing how to word it. I am looking for some really in depth pictures on tendering for someone who is disabled. They want to see how far they need to step down into the tender and how much they would need to lift their leg.

If someone has pictures , It would be greatly appreciated.

I have been searching with no luck, but it may be me and not knowing how to word it. I am looking for some really in depth pictures on tendering for someone who is disabled. They want to see how far they need to step down into the tender and how much they would need to lift their leg.

I don't have any pics or links but the stepping seemed pretty steep to me. Folks will probably help you.

Posting this in hopes to bump your post back up for others to see and hopefully get you what you need.

I don't have any pics or links but the stepping seemed pretty steep to me. Folks will probably help you.

Posting this in hopes to bump your post back up for others to see and hopefully get you what you need.

Thank You, the person really wants to see, I hope someone can help.

It seems like all tenders are a bit different, but here is how we got on and off the tender on Half Moon Cay. They brought out a drawbridge type thing from the ship and we walked across it. There wasn't much of a step.

When we got to the island, I think we had to go down a flight of stairs on the tender and exit from the bottom floor of the tender. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

P5050173-1.jpg

P5050175.jpg

The tenders are not standarized. Any pictures you see may have no relation to what you will actually see on your cruise.

I have tendered to the land on one kind of boat and back on another one.

There are always nice strong men to lend a hand. I have seen them loading a person in a wheel chair.

Sometimes you step right out the side of the ship onto the little boat and sometimes you have to go down stairs hanging off the side of the ship.

If the water is rough, it can be tricky for even an able bodied person to time the rise and fall correctly.

Sometimes there is a pretty big step. sometimes it is almost like walking on smooth pavement.

I just don't think you are going to get your answers from looking at pictures. Sometimes you load on the top floor of the boat and have to go down the steps to get off the boat, then back up the steps to get back on the ship.

I think your best bet would be to just go to the loading area and ask the guys there about it. If in doubt, I would just plan to stay on the ship.

Its ok, this person just wanted to see the process of it all. The person with them tried to explain, but they just wanted to see a picture. They use an EVC... So what ever I get to pass on will help with the decsion anyway. I really appreciate all the help.

Its ok, this person just wanted to see the process of it all. The person with them tried to explain, but they just wanted to see a picture. They use an EVC... So what ever I get to pass on will help with the decsion anyway. I really appreciate all the help.

I also agree that it depends on where you are tendering. The six times I've tendered from the ship to cabo have been rather brutal because the seas have been rough. So the tender boat is going back and forth and up and down as you are trying to wait for the right second where you arent going to feel like you're going to fall in. I do agree with the fantastic and strong men there to grab your arms and do their very best to keep you safe.

It is Cabo San Lucas

I wish I had gotten a picture. I just got off the Splendor this morning. Maybe post in the Carnival Splendor Roll Call for next weeks cruise and ask someone to take a pic.

Other than the many tenders in cabo I've done, I've only done one in Alaska and it was verrrry easy if I recall. I DREAD getting back on the ship in the afternoon in Cabo.

Edited to add: For what it's worth I've never heard of anyone falling in. I have seen disabled passengers get on and off as well.

The Stairs are hard to manage when you get off the ship....the tender itself is not to bad ...the biggest issue is if you have a chair is you have to carry the chair off and on the tender.....but it can be done if you have the man power...dont count on the people working the tender to help you with this CCL people are more helpful ..but the tender is not run by Carnival and they dont seem to want to help.... my wife uses a scooter during rough periods....and of the three times we have been in Cabo only once have we brought her scooter because of the hassle ...now she brings her cane and manages the best she can....

Sorry i dont have any pictures but you can youtube cruise ship tenders and see some videos...

I saw 2 different ways of getting off the Splendor in Cabo. The 1st way is the stairs to the tenders (accessed from the forward and mid ship elevators/stairs) and the 2nd looks like a ramp to the tenders (accessed from the aft elevators/stairs).

Gangwayfortendering2.jpg

Gangwayfortendering1.jpg

Archived