How and when to ask for special requests?

jarz85

Hi, just a quick question. We are booked for the Allure in 400+ days and have a few requests.

1-Someone in our party has diabetes so we will need to let the people know about that and get a needle bin etc.

2- We want the bed split into 2 singles and also to have the sofa bed set up each night.

3- How to make 400 days go quick :eek:

Should we wait until final payment is made then ask? Also, who do I contact? Do i send an email or ring RCI Australia? When we booked on NCL we had our own consultant i'd ring in America if I had any questions.

Hi, just a quick question. We are booked for the Allure in 400+ days and have a few requests.

1-Someone in our party has diabetes so we will need to let the people know about that and get a needle bin etc.

2- We want the bed split into 2 singles and also to have the sofa bed set up each night.

3- How to make 400 days go quick :eek:

Should we wait until final payment is made then ask? Also, who do I contact? Do i send an email or ring RCI Australia? When we booked on NCL we had our own consultant i'd ring in America if I had any questions.

I would let them know about special needs now. Then reconfirm then a month or so before the cruise. They should have a sharps container for you somewhere on the ship. They may allso have a diabetic menu, but if not, it is easy to find really good healthy food.

If they end up putting the beds together, just ask them to seperate them.

I was asked about beds or special needs when I booked.

As far as making 400 days go by, well, not much I can do there, maybe taking a few cruises between now and then might help!:D

<><

I would let them know about special needs now. Then reconfirm then a month or so before the cruise. They should have a sharps container for you somewhere on the ship. They may allso have a diabetic menu, but if not, it is easy to find really good healthy food.

If they end up putting the beds together, just ask them to seperate them.

I was asked about beds or special needs when I booked.

As far as making 400 days go by, well, not much I can do there, maybe taking a few cruises between now and then might help!:D

<><

Thanks for the quick reply :) I wish we could cruise before then but we can't exactly go to the USA every month LOL. Also, I'm not paying $4000+ for a 7 day Australian cruise, the cruise companies here are rip offs :P

I'll give them a call tomorrow and let them know! Thanks

If the beds aren't set up the way you want when you get to the cabin, the attendant will fix it before bedtime the 1st night...no worries!

I have found that the beds will be set up just the opposite of what you request.

When you get to your room, just tell your steward how you want them, and all will be taken care of.

Ummmm - who did you book with?

If you used a travel agent (TA), call them.

If you called RCCL direct, they would be the ones to call.

I think you will love Allure, it's like nothing you have ever sailed on before.

Good luck........

g

I have a diabetic friend that I took a cruise with. She did not ask ahead of time, but when we got to our cabin and met the cabin attendant for the first time she asked about a sharps container. Our cabin attendant had it to us in 5 minutes. So they must have a stash of them someplace but it wouldn't hurt to ask ahead. As far as the beds, if they are set up wrong your attendant can change them in a couple minutes.

If you booked with a travel agent I would ask that person.

Wish I knew a way to make the time go faster.

Thanks everyone, been a great help as usual!

I booked directly through RCL so should be easy enough to sort out!

Only way to make the 400 days go quick is to work like a dog to pay for it! lol

Sounds silly, but we have found that as a "rule of thumb", the beds are together if the last names are the same and separate if they are different. BUT as some have said here, it only takes a few moments to change the configuration, so if it isn't right, just ask your cabin steward....they will be happy to assist.

Time going by quickly.....hmmmm......either hibernate or crank up the ole time portal?? :rolleyes::D

That's what TA's are for they make sure everything is taken care of, like price drops, requests,dining time etc.etc. Love ours.

Not true of mine, Have to get a new one. Prices dropped on NOS over the weekend, but my TA is closed all weekend so may have lost out. Called this morning and price is back up. Said she will call and ask them to honor lower price but who knows. I already did final payment so looking for the upgrade to a balcony.

In the future I will use a TA who is open on Saturdays to avoid this kind of hassle.

Not true of mine, Have to get a new one. Prices dropped on NOS over the weekend, but my TA is closed all weekend so may have lost out. Called this morning and price is back up. Said she will call and ask them to honor lower price but who knows. I already did final payment so looking for the upgrade to a balcony.

In the future I will use a TA who is open on Saturdays to avoid this kind of hassle.

Funny you say this - I/we used a TA for years and years. AAA at first, but they wouldn't even send a cheap bottle of bubbly to our cabin, the AAA TA said they were not allowed. So I moved to individual TAs. All worked great at first, then some were hard to get a hold of. I too have missed those quick short price drops.

Not sure why, we cruised 2 or 3 times a year generally in GS and above accomodations. In 2010, 5 cruises. The last was a B2B on the Oasis in a GS, expewnsive and I didn't even get a "Thank-You For Your Business" card! Oh well.......

Now - I book drectly with RCCL. I can get a hold of them any day except Sunday. I might not get the exact personal service I did with some TAs at the beginning, but I love having control over my bookings. And I don't need to know if their 2nd cousin, 3 times removed is getting married anyway! Hahahahaha

Brooklyn, I graduated Erasmus in 1969 - as far as time going fast - it doesn't seem that long ago!! LOL

I grew up on East 35th at Clarendon Road.

Where are you located in Brooklyn?

Glenn

UPDATE: After two calls my TA got RCCL to honor the sale, the only catch is it is a guarantee balcony. Don't know what cabin it will be. That is fine. My granddaughter will enjjoy cruising in a balcony cabin for the first time.

BROOKLYN ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! I used to pass your corner every morning going to work at Downstate Medical Center on Lenox Rd and Brooklyn Avenue. Worked there for 30 years. I live in Seaview Village in Canarsie if you are familiar with this area. It's a small area nobody knows about that looks a little like long island but is really convenient to the Belt Parkway and the L train to manhattan. I love people who come from Brooklyn. It's like family :D.

Graduated from Jefferson in 58

Archived