Aruba

familyplanner

We are taking a Southern Caribbean Cruise in April. I have researched the boards and found dive operators in St. Lucia and Bonaire. However, I am struggling with Aruba. We are newer divers who only get a chance to dive once a year. I need a recommendation for a dive company who is safe and will watch us a little closer. I have gathered from the boards to stay away from Red Sail, Fly and Dive Aruba, and Mermaid Divers. We don't own our own equipment and will need to rent. I am looking for a dive operator who doesn't take out more than 6-8 divers and who has a reputation for having quality equipment. Thanks in Advance.

Laura

We've been diving with Clive many times over the years, and always have a great time.

There are small-boat divers, and big-boat divers. Folks that prefer big boat diving tend to knock small ops, which isn't really fair - it's just their preference.

About dive gear... it's all about maintenance, not age or looks. Really! Don't get sucked into anyone telling you otherwise.

Drop Clive an E-mail, and I'm sure you will have a really great dive trip.

Wendy

dive pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

We've been diving with Clive many times over the years, and always have a great time.

There are small-boat divers, and big-boat divers. Folks that prefer big boat diving tend to knock small ops, which isn't really fair - it's just their preference.

About dive gear... it's all about maintenance, not age or looks. Really! Don't get sucked into anyone telling you otherwise.

Drop Clive an E-mail, and I'm sure you will have a really great dive trip.

Wendy

dive pix

http://community.webshots.com/user/wendyandkeith

I have read several negative reviews that his boat is being repaired and he is borrowing a friends boat? Is that true? I have heard alot about the Antilla...what is your favorite dive in Aruba?

I have read several negative reviews that his boat is being repaired and he is borrowing a friends boat? Is that true? I have heard alot about the Antilla...what is your favorite dive in Aruba?

The Anitlla is a nice dive but it isn't the best wreck on the island (in my opinion). For wrecks, I really like the Jane Sea. It's a deeper dive but much less frequented than the Antilla. The dive usually ends by working your way into more shallower water on the adjacent reef. The airplane wreck is also a nice wreck dive. For reefs, I prefer Sponge Reef which is near the previous two sites I mentioned. There's also a nice shallow reef near the Antilla who's name escapes me at the moment.

Archived