Caribbean Princess delayed!

2theship

My husband and I are getting on in NYC May3 to Southampton on the carribean princess hopefully all the problems will be fixed by then. We are getting into NYC the morning before so we can see a Yankees game.

I thought it was fixed as of the April 1st cruise?

Bill

I've been wondering the same thing. Still waiting for a cheque for pre night hotel costs and airline change fee. I believe they said approx 4 weeks for cheques to be mailed to us

I was on the Crown noro cruise and they told me 2-4 weeks for baggage fees and received the check a day or short of the 4 week mark minus a $2 processing fee the outside company that Princess hired to precess the refunds charged.

Bill

has anyone received their refunds from princess yet for March 18th

pre cruise, airfare taxres etc

We were shorted over $500 on our refund. The first time I called I was told it had something to do with a cancellation fee on the airfare, but I should expect a credit in a week or so. I called three more times and was told each time that the credit would be coming in about a week. Its been a month and we are still waiting.

I finally did a dispute with the credit card company.

Today I was told by Princess that it would be checked again and I should get a call back today with info on when I could expect the credit.

Waiting for the call.

We were shorted over $500 on our refund. The first time I called I was told it had something to do with a cancellation fee on the airfare, but I should expect a credit in a week or so. I called three more times and was told each time that the credit would be coming in about a week. Its been a month and we are still waiting.

I finally did a dispute with the credit card company.

Today I was told by Princess that it would be checked again and I should get a call back today with info on when I could expect the credit.

Waiting for the call.

Have you spoken with anybody named Leanna yet? She seemed like she had her act together when she called me about our refund for the cancelled noro virus baggage fees.

her number is 877-888-1869

Bill

Boy, it is easy to see that there are very few things worse than having a major mechanical problem on a cruise ship. Cancelling 2 cruises as well as cutting a third one short, have created major headaches for many customers as well as a monumental and expensive one for Princess. I wonder how long the headache will continue. The only possible thing worse was what happened to the Costa ship. Nobody wins in these situations.

I can feel your pain, I have been planning our Mediterranean cruise for years and a last minute cancellation would be a major disappointment. Fortunately situations like this are few and far between.

I posted a message yesterday that said I was supposed to get a call from Princess Customer Service department telling me when I would get the $500+ balance of my refund.

THE CALL NEVER CAME!!!!!

I finally got the balance of my refund today 18 April 2012, exactly one month from cruise date and many phone calls later.

I finally got the balance of my refund today 18 April 2012, exactly one month from cruise date and many phone calls later.

I have to corrrect my last post about my refund. Princess never did refund our $500+ shortage. I got a credit from my credit card company after filing a dispute with them. It is now between the credit card company and Princess.

KT

I have to corrrect my last post about my refund. Princess never did refund our $500+ shortage. I got a credit from my credit card company after filing a dispute with them. It is now between the credit card company and Princess.

KT

sheesh talk about getting on your last nerve! :eek:

Bill

has anyone received their refunds from princess yet for March 18th

pre cruise, airfare taxres etc

We have not yet received refunds for any additional charges-air fare, baggage fees, seat fees, penalties for change of flights, taxis to and from airports, some restaurant fees in PR.

25% of the total amount of our original cruise, toward a future cruise, is insufficient compensation for the stressful time we encountered in PR when we learned the cruise had been cancelled.

In addition, we think it is odd that Princess refunded what we paid them for insurance. Does that mean we are now unable to submit any possible charges to Berkley Care? We were actually covered when the cruise was cancelled.

Very interesting.

We have not yet received refunds for any additional charges-air fare, baggage fees, seat fees, penalties for change of flights, taxis to and from airports, some restaurant fees in PR.

25% of the total amount of our original cruise, toward a future cruise, is insufficient compensation for the stressful time we encountered in PR when we learned the cruise had been cancelled.

In addition, we think it is odd that Princess refunded what we paid them for insurance. Does that mean we are now unable to submit any possible charges to Berkley Care? We were actually covered when the cruise was cancelled.Very interesting.

That would be pretty underhanded. Maybe they cancelled the insurance and will self insure.

Hopefully you get this rectified soon.

Bill

In addition, we think it is odd that Princess refunded what we paid them for insurance. Does that mean we are now unable to submit any possible charges to Berkley Care? We were actually covered when the cruise was cancelled.

Very interesting.

I am still waiting to hear about the additional charges as well. I found out the cruise was cancelled the day after we arrived in PR. I know what you mean about the stress that followed that announcement. It's not easy making changes when you are already there. I contacted my independent travel insurance company and they won't cover anything as they say mechanical issues are the cruise lines fault and they should cover the costs that I incurred. Hope we hear something from Princess soon.

I am still waiting to hear about the additional charges as well. I found out the cruise was cancelled the day after we arrived in PR. I know what you mean about the stress that followed that announcement. It's not easy making changes when you are already there. I contacted my independent travel insurance company and they won't cover anything as they say mechanical issues are the cruise lines fault and they should cover the costs that I incurred. Hope we hear something from Princess soon.

Even though I agree that Princess should cover the extra fees you incurred, I find it disturbing that the insurance company is also denying the charges as well. It make me really wonder what other potential problems the insurance companies will deny.

I am really sorry about the losses you incurred as well as the lost vacation opportunity. Keep fighting! I got aggravated at the customer service we recieved when our airplane broke down on the way back from our trip. After I complained to the airlines customer service, I received compensation above and beyond what I expected. I'm guessing that they value repeat customers more than the few dollars they originally shorted me.

Even though I agree that Princess should cover the extra fees you incurred, I find it disturbing that the insurance company is also denying the charges as well. It make me really wonder what other potential problems the insurance companies will deny.

I am really sorry about the losses you incurred as well as the lost vacation opportunity. Keep fighting! I got aggravated at the customer service we recieved when our airplane broke down on the way back from our trip. After I complained to the airlines customer service, I received compensation above and beyond what I expected. I'm guessing that they value repeat customers more than the few dollars they originally shorted me.

Maybe it's something with planes in Puerto Rico. Our flight home had mechanical problems as well and we were delayed 4 hours but did leave that day and made our connection in Philadelphia by the skin of our teeth. I think this vacation was jinxed from the start. Our insurance company said they would have covered things if it had have been medical. We have used the same company in the past and have made 2 separate claims for damages to rental cars(no fault of ours) and they handled everything to our satisfaction. I guess this is not an issue that happens very often. Thank goodness or I think I would give up cruising.

Archived