Splendida still in Palermo?

davidcraig2003

It appears the Splendida is still docked for a second night at Palermo, after docking yesterday morning? It departed Genoa on Saturday, seems an unusual first stop as it usually heads to Barcelona first.Anybody have any news?

I did some digging the other day, and found an Italian website where a guy from Palermo said the following (quote from Google translate):

March 11, 2012 MSC Splendida refit at Fincantieri's Palermo

MSC Splendida refit at Fincantieri's Palermo

Will be made the same changes at Fantasia.

One of the most significant addition of new interior cabins.

More cleaning of the hull and change the carpet.

On MSC Yacht Club's Facebook page, I posted the question as to what was being done to the ship, and noticed today, that my question was removed from their site. So no official response from MSC, but the people of Palermo are posting stuff about it on their sites.

On MSC Yacht Club's Facebook page, I posted the question as to what was being done to the ship, and noticed today, that my question was removed from their site. So no official response from MSC, but the people of Palermo are posting stuff about it on their sites.

Sigh... MSC, you haven't changed. Why not be open about what's going on instead of trying to cover things up.

So the rumor is that Splendida is getting the same refurbishment as the Fantasia. Here's what Fantasia underwent:

http://www.seatrade-insider.com/Refurb-Interiors/MSC-Fantasias-capacity-increased-at-Fincantieris-Palermo-yard.html?print=1&tmpl=component

I really hope that if they indeed increased their staff, they will be properly trained, especially waiters because they can make or break a good dinner.

Thx for the link. Seems like they are adding a few new cabins even though they denied it at first. I hope they are finished by the 11th because I don't want my cruise cancelled (according to a cruise agent it's fully booked) But it's supposed to start operating this week right? Hope the new staff we get are well trained at least.

Thx for the link. Seems like they are adding a few new cabins even though they denied it at first. I hope they are finished by the 11th because I don't want my cruise cancelled (according to a cruise agent it's fully booked) But it's supposed to start operating this week right? Hope the new staff we get are well trained at least.

on 31st i believe will start

The date on that story says 3/8/11 ???

Jenny, that was a reference to the Fantasia upgrade that took place a while back. It was offered in order to provide (perhaps) some insight into what may be in store for Splendida during dry dock.

Hope that helps. ;-)

Richard

Archived