Sea Princess in Dry Dock

English Rose

:confused: I guess I'm in over my head....
It's a bit techy, but here goes ...

Both the Princess and krooozcams webpages just specify a particular image file to be loaded onto the page. The Princess IT stuff just updates that image file with the latest bridge cam picture when it comes in, so that everytime a webpage asks for the picture you'll get the latest one stored by Princess.

In the case of the Sea Princess, the URL is "http://webcam.princess.com/webcam/sea_bridge.jpg". That's the URL that the krooozcams page is asking for, and as you can see, the camera is live and transmitting. However the Sea Princess page on the Princess site is still set up to call this image: "http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/images/sea_bridge_temp.gif", which always looks like this:-

sea_bridge_temp.gif

The Sapphire's page, in contrast, calls this image: "http://webcam.princess.com/webcam/sapphire_bridge.jpg". That's the same image that the krooozcams page is asking for, so both pages show the latest stored image from the webcam.

If you ask for the correct image file, you'll get the Sea Princess webcam picture, like so:-

sea_bridge.jpg

Wow!

Thanks for the explanation. ;)

There have been a couple of instances where the two haven't matched and I've always wondered why.

I never thought to look at the address field.

Another thing about the image that I find interesting is...isn't it dark where you are now? Does that mean that kroozcam is not refreshing the picture or posting a still picture taken earlier in the day?

Thanks.

Another thing about the image that I find interesting is...isn't it dark where you are now? Does that mean that kroozcam is not refreshing the picture or posting a still picture taken earlier in the day?
No, it's Princess (or the ship) that hasn't refreshed the picture. If you look at it, you can see the time that it was taken. Maybe the camera has gone offline since then.

I also notice that it looks like it was wet in Southampton yesterday afternoon - that has now caught up with us in London. Yuck.

No, it's Princess (or the ship) that hasn't refreshed the picture. If you look at it, you can see the time that it was taken. Maybe the camera has gone offline since then.

I also notice that it looks like it was wet in Southampton yesterday afternoon - that has now caught up with us in London. Yuck.

Thanks,

That explains it.

Sorry about the rain...:(

Dear Globaliser

I just wanted to tell you I almost fell off my chair after watching your "posting and you" bit....he-fricking-larious....

They should make people watch that before they can make thier 1st post...I know it would have saved me a bit of unwanted attention....thanks for the public service...

tommy

From the same source as before, a last picture from the dry dock:-

Ad_1844_8.jpg

Another picture, showing the location of the MUTS screen:-

Ad_1844_7.jpg

I just wanted to tell you I almost fell off my chair after watching your "posting and you" bit....he-fricking-larious....
Glad you liked that! I should credit the CC member who first posted the link to it.

Cat-nick

The branding will certainly change. Sea Witch will go back up on the stack, which will be repainted white, from P&O's "corn yellow".

The food will certainly change, from British to Princess' Continental.

Cabin plugs will probably revert to American standard plug and voltage.

I wouldn't expect too many major changes.

Archived