Added 3rd person how to figure OBC?

This is probably a silly question with an obvious answer but I am not 100% sure. A couple months ago I booked a cabin for 2 under ES. About a month later I added a third person; who got the lower 3rd person rate. What I'm wondering is how will I figure price drops for OBC? Do I add the cost for all 3 people together and go off that price? TIA!

This is probably a silly question with an obvious answer but I am not 100% sure. A couple months ago I booked a cabin for 2 under ES. About a month later I added a third person; who got the lower 3rd person rate. What I'm wondering is how will I figure price drops for OBC? Do I add the cost for all 3 people together and go off that price? TIA!

Yes - ES Price Adjustments are based on the Combined cruisefare for ALL the cabin's passengers. ken

cruzin, you will have to look at the category of room you chose for 3 guests now, instead of 2...that is the only change in figuring it.

I think the OBC is for the cabin so how people use it is up to you entirely.

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer

use this site

put in three passengers.

is the 3rd person paying the 3rd rate or did you divide the cabin price by 3?

Why does it matter. OP just wants to know how to calculate the price drop for the cabin.

OP, simply base the calculation on the total cabin price that was paid, if it goes down for the category you are booked for 3 people (or a higher category for 3 people goes below what you paid) you get the price drop, if it doesn't then you don't get one. Nowhere near as complicated as everyone is trying to make it seem.

Thanks everyone, that is how I thought I would do it. We didn't think it was fair DD bff should get the discount while we pay full price for two kids. So we split it overall cost of the cabin 3 ways. And when/if we do get a price drop the OBC will be used to buy photos.

Archived