Divider Curtain in Balcony Room?

Does anyone know if there is a divider curtain in any balcony rooms? Are they available in suites? We are bringing my 3 year old and that would help at night since he goes to bed earlier.

I can't find a picture showing the room layout on the website, there does not seem to be much info on the size of the rooms. Does anyone know where this is so that we can see the square footage?

Thanks!

Edited by actuary cruiser

I've never had a curtain in any of my rooms either, balcony or oceanview. You can go to.... cruise line rooms dot com (no spaces) to view pictures that people have posted of their rooms. You can select the ship you're sailing on and then it'll list down the rooms. If there's no pictures for your specific room, just click on one that's a similar type. Hope that helps.

I've seen them on all of the balcony rooms. It blocks the view from the room to the balcony. I would suggest putting the kid down in the room and your and the lady going out on the balcony. Might be dangerous the other way around. :eek:

I think she means inside the room.:)

Nope, only on Disney. Although I wouldn't do a Disney cruise again, that room divider was GENIUS and would make me think about doing them again.

To those who haven't been on Disney, their rooms are flipped to Carnival's layout. So you have the bed first and then the seating area. There is a curtain that you can pull and block off you and spouse from the kids. The TV is also positioned so you can watch it on your side of the curtain or swivel it so the kids can watch TV. It really was brilliant. Of course, I think our oceanview room was quite a bit bigger than Carnival's balcony rooms.

Royal Caribbean has curtains.

yep, been on several RCL Ships that do this .. none on Carnival.

OP cruisdeckplans will show the layout of the cabin next to the category and have the s.f. If its a typical balcony it will be 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f balcony. Not very big.

• 3 years later...
I think she means inside the room.:)

Nope, only on Disney. Although I wouldn't do a Disney cruise again, that room divider was GENIUS and would make me think about doing them again.

To those who haven't been on Disney, their rooms are flipped to Carnival's layout. So you have the bed first and then the seating area. There is a curtain that you can pull and block off you and spouse from the kids. The TV is also positioned so you can watch it on your side of the curtain or swivel it so the kids can watch TV. It really was brilliant. Of course, I think our oceanview room was quite a bit bigger than Carnival's balcony rooms.

YOUR room was flipped, not all rooms. Some have the bed first, while others have the sofa first. They ALL have a tub and ALL have a sofa. Disney has the best staterooms.

They have curtains in the deluxe ocean views, the ones with the two bathrooms. Also I have seen pictures posted of hanging some type of curtain from the ceiling around the crib. Perhaps check the family cruising board.

Almost everything in cabin walls,doors are metal. I have seen suggestion of shower curtain with metal hooks to hang it as room divider as great idea. Also bring magnetic hooks for clothes,bags etc, magnets to post FunTimes,notes,kids artwork,photos,postcards etc. ,just check how much weight magnet can hold from a home improvement store.

YOUR room was flipped, not all rooms. Some have the bed first, while others have the sofa first.

They ALL have a tub and ALL have a sofa. Disney has the best staterooms.

Hi NOLA-Meatball :)

You resserurected a post & answered a question from March 2012..

:eek:

Does anyone know if there is a divider curtain in any balcony rooms? Are they available in suites? We are bringing my 3 year old and that would help at night since he goes to bed earlier.

I can't find a picture showing the room layout on the website, there does not seem to be much info on the size of the rooms. Does anyone know where this is so that we can see the square footage?

Thanks!

I've only had a divider curtain on a Disney ship, never Carnival.