MINI fares on Trenitalia

bobalink

I received an email today from Trenitalia announcing some amazing savings on travel within Italy. The MINI fares are only Euro 9.

Sadly, I won't be able to take advantage of these great fares, but perhaps there are others on these boards who can.

http://www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=38a304ae4f9ec210VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD

From their website:

With the MINI offer you get the best price, only 9 € to travel in all Italian cities, for the day and service selected, for both 1st and 2nd class or service level Business, Premium and Standard.

The MINI rate applies to travel on AV, ES*, Frecciabianca, Espressi, ICN, IC, couchette or sleeping carriage services. Excelsior and Excelsior E4 and Executive service level are excluded. When and how to book

The MINI offer can be booked up two days before departure on this website, at authorised travel agencies and through our call centre, also with ticketless option, at ticket desks and self-service ticket machines at train stations.

The MINI offer cannot be cumulated with other reductions or offers, including children reduction.

The number of seats available is limited and varies according to the day of the week, the train and the class or service level selected.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked from Civitavecchia to Milan for €19. Until this MiniFare sale I've been seeing fares from. €64 to 108, so I'm very happy with the sale price!

If you have ever tried unsuccessfully to book using the online reservation system you will be pleasantly surprised with the ease of the new trenitalia website...a breeze to use, and no problem at all with using an American credit card.

Thank you very much. My daughter and I were able to get a train from Florence to Rome Termini for only 9 euros, and it's the quick train. Only 1 hour and 32 minutes! Same thing going from Rome to Civitavecchia--9 euros and only 38 minutes to get there. Whoohooo!

I nabbed a 9 Euro fare from Venice to Florence for the 3 of us (total 27 euro)! I wanted to share something I learned about the Trenitalia website though. I wanted to book another train trip from Florence to Naples and was hoping for another 9 Euro fare. I must have logged in at least 100 times in the last few days and everytime I tried to buy the cheapest fare, the website froze or it refused my credit card. I would log in again and the fare would increase by 20 Euro or more in a matter of minutes. Finally tonight I got the cheapest fare and the credit card went through when I did not use their registration. Go figure. I paid 67 Euro for 3 tickets (the next fares ranged from 87 to 177 Euro for 3). Trenitalia has got to be the most frustrating website I've encountered in all my planning, but persistance pays off!

Trenitalia has got to be the most frustrating website I've encountered in all my planning, but persistance pays off!

Good for you! Tenacity is required for travel planning!

Have a wonderful trip!

Archived