Pool closing times

Hello all

On our last cruise on board the Paradise(June '03), my DW and I were extremly disappointed the pool closed entirely too early, before 8:00 in the evenings. There was still plenty of Carribean Sunshine to soak in when they closed the pool. Our first cruise, one of our favorite activities was swimming at night on board the Leeward.

We are leaving on the Victory May 15th. Can anyone tell my DW and I what time the pools on board are closed?

Thank everyone for all the information we have gathered from these boards.

i have sailed on 4 carnival cruises and they always close pools early. I went to alaska last year on princess diamond and they have fresh water pools, heated and open 24 hours. Man was it nice. Our group includes night shift nurses so there were 3 times we went swimming at 3 in the morning and we had a blast. The pools were open and ready to be used the minute you stepped on board. I think carnival needs to reevaluate their policies on pools. I probably will sail on carnival again but will always look for princess first just for this reason.

BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I love Carnival, but why do they close their pools so early??? Princess has their pools / hot tubs open 24/7 even when in port. I still don't understand why. This may be the one and ONLY gripe I have with Carnival Cruise Lines. (I hope you are seeing this Bob D.)

It might have something to do with the fact that the pools are saltwater (as opposed to freshwater on Princess), and they are refilled nightly... Either that or increased liability... but I'm guessing it's the saltwater... Also, I thought the pools closed at midnight on Princess? Or is that just the Caribbean Princess? Either way, it's better than 8PM!!!! LOL!

RCCL also has a pool and hot tub open 24 hours. at least on the Voyager class ships. Been there done that. :D They are saltwater pools.

I prefer Carnival over RCCL as well, but I have to admit, it is nice to have access to a pool/hot tub anytime you want.

CD, what's your take on it? Could it be liability due to the younger crowd and kids? That is the only other thing I can think of...:confused: I would like them open later, but also know what late night is like on the ship, and think most in our group should stay FAR away from water :eek:

CD, what's your take on it? Could it be liability due to the younger crowd and kids? That is the only other thing I can think of...:confused: I would like them open later, but also know what late night is like on the ship, and think most in our group should stay FAR away from water :eek:

GC - You're probably right about our group.:p When we do cruise on RCCL it's usually with family so it's a little more low key.

Seriously, maybe it has something to do with them shaking the party ship attitude they had years ago. They raised the drinking age from 18 to 21 maybe they felt that keeping people out of the hot tubs late at night would keep people from getting out of control. I'm sure liability plays a part in it, though.

I agree, there may be a liablity issue. However, I still enjoy having a nice glass of wine in the hot tub while looking at the stars on the AFT of the ship.

Yes, on the Dawn Princess the pools and hot tubs were open 24 hours a day. They closed a few down for cleaning but always had at least 1 pool and 1 hot tub open at all times during the cruise. This was GREAT to watch the eclipse that happened on our Honeymoon.

Archived