Celebrity pricing

vancojo

I'm new to this line and trying to figure out why on some itineraries Celebrity (at least Celebrity Silhouette) prices Verandah and Ocean view the same. Occasionally Verandah is cheaper than Ocean View--while on other cruises it is a lot more expensive. I realize these things can reflect the way the ship is booking up, but generally, what is going on??

There is so much discussion about people's rooms on this chat board, that I have become quite concerned that there are either a lot of badly situated rooms or a lot of really picky travellers. Is the pricing reflective of really poorly situated Verandah choices??

Sometimes I think the prices are determined by a robot. The robot's criteria is some algorithm based on number of rooms available, what is selling or not, and where the ship is going. It doesn't always pay attention to other rooms' prices.

Seriously, I don't really know, but the best thing you can do is watch the prices and snatch up a room when the price is right. I check even after purchasing because they will often give you the lower price or upgrade you to the better room if you catch it in time.

Tom

I'm new to this line and trying to figure out why on some itineraries Celebrity (at least Celebrity Silhouette) prices Verandah and Ocean view the same. Occasionally Verandah is cheaper than Ocean View--while on other cruises it is a lot more expensive. I realize these things can reflect the way the ship is booking up, but generally, what is going on??

There is so much discussion about people's rooms on this chat board, that I have become quite concerned that there are either a lot of badly situated rooms or a lot of really picky travellers. Is the pricing reflective of really poorly situated Verandah choices??

On the solstice class the ocean view rooms are very few and poorly situated.....IMHO. They are across the front of the ship on several floors just underneath the bridge. I never book a room in the front even though I am a fan of OV. Usually the price point is good and it at least gives daylight which I enjoy especially on port intensive cruises when I don't spend much time on the balcony. Plus they have way more balconies to sell so they often lower the price to get them filled. Grab the great price on the balcony, you won't be sorry.

Archived