Ecstasy and HMC.....

Lily429

considering an end of summer cruise, short, sweet and cheap! I am looking at the Ecstasy out of PC to the Bahamas (Freeport, Nassau, and HMC), now we typically don't care for Freeport, Nassau is fine but it's HMC we would like to experience.....could I get some feedback from those of you that have "been there and done that"? I've seen reviews where the ship was unable to dock/anchor because of winds and seas.....does that happen often at HMC?

considering an end of summer cruise, short, sweet and cheap! I am looking at the Ecstasy out of PC to the Bahamas (Freeport, Nassau, and HMC), now we typically don't care for Freeport, Nassau is fine but it's HMC we would like to experience.....could I get some feedback from those of you that have "been there and done that"? I've seen reviews where the ship was unable to dock/anchor because of winds and seas.....does that happen often at HMC?

Sounds to me like you are talking about booking during prime hurricane season, when the ship could be diverted more often than other times.

Dont book for the ports if you are talking Sept .. missed too many ports that month other years..

Private beach is always nice to me. BBQ is free and always really good.

I can't answer your question about the frequency with which the island is missed, BUT I can tell you we did the 5 night Ecstasy cruise in Jan with the same ports and we LOVED HMC!! I would choose a cruise just to get back there someday, the island was gorgeous, water was heavenly and BBQ was decent:)

We stayed on ship in Nassau & Freeport..

I've done HMC and Nassau once, I'm booking the same cruise because I loved it so much. HMC is the BEST BEACH EVER. Carnival (well, really HAL) set that island up to be a dream. Powder white sand, no rocky or reef or seaweed in the water, crystal blue.....bars in the right places, free BBQ set up...it's like heaven on earth. They have a lot of the excursions that they offer on any other port.

This time I have a cabana booked and I hear nothing but great reviews about them! Almost every single person has said it's well worth the money.

Good Luck!

I've done HMC and Nassau once, I'm booking the same cruise because I loved it so much. HMC is the BEST BEACH EVER. Carnival (well, really HAL) set that island up to be a dream. Powder white sand, no rocky or reef or seaweed in the water, crystal blue.....bars in the right places, free BBQ set up...it's like heaven on earth. They have a lot of the excursions that they offer on any other port.

This time I have a cabana booked and I hear nothing but great reviews about them! Almost every single person has said it's well worth the money.

Good Luck!

I was hoping someone would mention the cabanas....how much are the cabanas? where are they located on the island?

Cabanas around 200.00 for 4 people for all day. Includes fruit, soft drinks,water, veggies, snorkeling equipment, floating mats, A/c. ,misters ,lounge chairs. They are located all along the beach. Those up from 6 are more isolated and in my opinion much nicer. We always get the beige one #9. Look on the private island board and it will give you pixs and ideas. Love HMC. We are doing a b2b in Oct--have been there in Sept several times and also Oct and have had a wonderful time. Probably won't be getting off the ship in Nassau either leg of the cruise. Not my fav port but others like it. Book HMC you can't go wrong--unless you are not able to get in because of weather, but that is the risk in any cruise. We normally cruise in Sept and Oct--less people and have encountered itinerary changes --but the odds are with you you will make it to your ports!

Yes like she they said ^

It's $220. They say it's for 4 people, but I'm using mine as a meeting place for our group of 10. It will be a place to leave all of out stuff while were in and out of water, or wondering around the island and a place to get out of the sun.

Book them fast tho, they sell out. We're 2 months out and the 12 or 15 cabanas are already sold out. I read somewhere on here that they were sold out for a November cruise, so get on it!

Archived