wife had great idea, are vacumms available for use

lexysdad04

I can fit lots of stuff in my suitcase without space bags. I load up a small 22 filling every nook an cranny. The problem being, even a small 22, can get to to way over 50 pounds. On some airlines it would be cheaper to check another bag, then pay the overweight price.

the space bags are great.... just be careful how far in advance you pack as sometimes the air might leak back in (didn't cause it to increase too much in size, but enough)

I would probably still check 1 bag though, especially if you plan on buying anything.

Space Bag wise, I would skip those and get a cheap nylon duffel you can check on the way back. Who wants to spend the last hours of their vacation sucking the air out of their dirty clothes so they fit in the bag?

omg, too funny!!

I was also thinking, why are you packing for 12 days!?!?! The ship has washers/dryers. Even on our measily 7 day cruise, I've done at least one load of wash mid-cruise. Pack less, you're dealing with luggage weight restrictions and you don't want to go over the limit by even a pound, otherwise you just blew your savings.

To the OP's question of vacume styles.....they are canister vacumes with a regular hose, but I'm not too sure that they would be all that accomodating in loaning them to you for personal use.

They are using them to clean the cabins and don't really have time to stop what ever they are doing, bring the vacume to your cabin, let you use it for 5 minutes while they stand around not doing anything.

Besides. You don't need your cloths to be wrinkle free on the way home and with the laundries you can easily pack 4 or 5 mix and match outfits in a carry-on and either do laundry or send it out to be done.

I have purchased Spinner luggage carry ons for myself and my son. They are so easy to manage. You can pull or even push. I agree a 7 yr old will enjoy being in charge of one of these.

I found good price on Overstock (bought during free shipping).

:Dshe wants to vacumm our cabin so we dont have to tip! and cook our meals as well.;) for those that dont get sarcasm well im just joking

ok ok on to the real question

so this will be our first cruise where we actually have to fly out to take a cruise in the past we have just driven down to san diego or out to long beach both 40mins to 1hr away. so packing too much has never been an issue since we dont have to worry about airline fees and when ever I fly out on bussiness I only take a carry on as "I" am a very light packer. But this is a cruise and well Im not doing the packing ;) so we will have 4 carryons (wife son daughter and I) and im thinking 1 big bag or so i hope.

So wife had a great idea, that we buy some space bags so that maybe we can get away with only the carryons.

so the question is does any one know what type of vacums the cabin stewards have since we will need to use the vacumm hose to vacumm out the air when we repack

I would hate to not be able to fit everything in on our return trip

When I first started to read this thread I said to myself, "You got to be kidding". Then I realized it was a joke.......................cute joke at that :)

They sell them that are compressed only,don't need to vacuum air out.

Should I dare say Walmart has them online?

I dare you! :eek:

Your clothing items in the Space Bag will be wrinkled beyond recognition.

I'm with the response that the trouble is worse than paying the $15-20 for you to check a large suitcase.

What about souvenirs? - there will be NO room for your gold plated ship on a stick trophies as well as anything you may purchase at port stops.

Your clothing items in the Space Bag will be wrinkled beyond recognition.

I'm with the response that the trouble is worse than paying the $15-20 for you to check a large suitcase.

What about souvenirs? - there will be NO room for your gold plated ship on a stick trophies as well as anything you may purchase at port stops.

I disagree with the wrinkle statement.

I've been using space bags for a few years now..and my clothing has spent anywhere from 1 week to a measely 72 hours in the space bag (packing for 10 months of living overseas)

I've never had anything overly wrinkled.

Also, it saved my clothes from becoming damp and smelly... I've had my luggage caught in the rain several times... and it's usually before my flight takes off.... I now pack everything in either a space bag or wrapped in plastic bags because of that one time I didn't....

Archived