wife had great idea, are vacumms available for use

lexysdad04

:Dshe wants to vacumm our cabin so we dont have to tip! and cook our meals as well.;) for those that dont get sarcasm well im just joking

ok ok on to the real question

so this will be our first cruise where we actually have to fly out to take a cruise in the past we have just driven down to san diego or out to long beach both 40mins to 1hr away. so packing too much has never been an issue since we dont have to worry about airline fees and when ever I fly out on bussiness I only take a carry on as "I" am a very light packer. But this is a cruise and well Im not doing the packing ;) so we will have 4 carryons (wife son daughter and I) and im thinking 1 big bag or so i hope.

So wife had a great idea, that we buy some space bags so that maybe we can get away with only the carryons.

so the question is does any one know what type of vacums the cabin stewards have since we will need to use the vacumm hose to vacumm out the air when we repack

I would hate to not be able to fit everything in on our return trip

If they don't, you can still squeeze a good amount of air out of those bags by rolling them and applying a lot of pressure to push out the air. Won't be as good as a vacuum though.

But I have a feeling they'll accomodate you as best as possible.

They sell them that are compressed only,don't need to vacuum air out.

Should I dare say Walmart has them online?

ssshhh dont let the people on here know that we like to save money I want them all to think we only shop at target or macys mail order catalogue

Ill look into those bags thanks

ssshhh dont let the people on here know that we like to save money I want them all to think we only shop at target or macys mail order catalogue

Don't you mean the butler only shops at target or macys? ;)

Wouldn't buying the space bags cost about the same as checking an extra suitcase?

yes but cost is not the issue for me, my thing is we are travling with a 7yr old (she can handle her carry on or so I think :rolleyes:) and a 1.5yr old, so I will have to lugg around a stroller a car seat a diaper bag 4 carryons (incase the airline looses our main bag we have the carryons) plus the laptop for movies on the flight, oh yeah this will be for 12days worth of packing

I believe I also saw the compressed bags on Amazon.

I have thought of buying them too. Just hate to lug a bunch of luggage.

Wonder if I could get "that Place" to mail in a plain brown wrapper?LOL

Sorry that place ships with their name stamp on 2 sides, not that i have ever shopped their but I did see the neighbor get their package from their:cool:

:Dshe wants to vacumm our cabin so we dont have to tip! and cook our meals as well.

So it's not enough that you aren't going to tip the hard working crew, now you are putting them out of a job too? Gosh, Carnival is such a low-class line.

I use 1-2 gallon zip lock bags, couple of shirts pre bag. Seal the bag with 1' opening, roll from bottom til all (most) air is out. Seal the last inch, flatten to get wrinkles out. Compressed without the need help of others or vacuum...enjoy your cruise. *Chicasarita, that was uncalled for.

So it's not enough that you aren't going to tip the hard working crew, now you are putting them out of a job too? Gosh, Carnival is such a low-class line.

wow - if you would have kept reading you would see that they were only kidding. lighten up.

I use 1-2 gallon zip lock bags, couple of shirts pre bag. Seal the bag with 1' opening, roll from bottom til all (most) air is out. Seal the last inch, flatten to get wrinkles out. Compressed without the need help of others or vacuum...enjoy your cruise. *Chicasarita, that was uncalled for.

Again.... joke.

Why not just check one or two big bags? As it is, you'll have to wrangle a baby, a car seat, a stroller, a diaper/laptop bag, a seven year old with a bag, AND one or two roll aboards. If you check two bags, it's just the car seat, stroller, diaper/laptop/emergency sets of clothes bag (which should go in the stroller), and maybe two big bags, which would be the same as the roll aboards.

Space Bag wise, I would skip those and get a cheap nylon duffel you can check on the way back. Who wants to spend the last hours of their vacation sucking the air out of their dirty clothes so they fit in the bag?

yes but cost is not the issue for me, my thing is we are travling with a 7yr old (she can handle her carry on or so I think :rolleyes:) and a 1.5yr old, so I will have to lugg around a stroller a car seat a diaper bag 4 carryons (incase the airline looses our main bag we have the carryons) plus the laptop for movies on the flight, oh yeah this will be for 12days worth of packing

Yes I know what it is like as we have three children (oldest is almost 7) and we often travel for 4 weeks at a time but I still think it is much easier to have more space available than what you need, rather than having the stress of trying to pack everything in to the smallest amount of space, and not knowing if everything will fit or not being able to buy something along the way.

A good suitcase with wheels can be very easily 'driven' by a 7 year old with a bit of training, up and down the hallway at home :)

The space bags sound ingenius for packing...

but might also be a problem for weight. I loose-packed my clothing in the suitcase and with toiletries and shoes just barely made the max 50lbs. If I have twice the items due to spacebags... I would never have been able to clear the weight limit.

another issue might be if a bag needs to be searched...

Just remember that when using space bags, yes, you are able to fit more items into your luggage which is great - but it also increases the chances that your bag will weigh in excess of the 50lb limit which will result in what can be a hefty surcharge from the airline. Just something to keep in mind.

Archived