What do we do first?

bags6490

Hubby and I are going on the Carribean Princess this summer. We have only been on one other cruise (Disney). Want to know what we need to do first when we get onboard? I have read something about making reservations for MUTS. Anything else we should do/reserve first thing? Thanks so much.

Hubby and I are going on the Carribean Princess this summer. We have only been on one other cruise (Disney). Want to know what we need to do first when we get onboard? I have read something about making reservations for MUTS. Anything else we should do/reserve first thing? Thanks so much.

I can tell you what we do

We go to the port early, like 10AM to be one of the first in line when the gates open about 11:30.

We usually go right to our stateroom first, pick up the phone, call Guest Services and make dinner reservations in the specialty restaurant, Sterling Steakhouse. We've passed on Sabatinis in the past thinking it too much to eat but if you want to get a good time/day for that this is the time to make your reservations.

The night time feature films are by reservation at Movies Under The Stars, an early or late showing. On the phone they'll help with what is playing when.

If our stateroom was not ready (it will be) we'd go do that in person at a desk conveniently located outside of Sabatinis by the photo gallery.

Next stop: Lunch We'll head up to the Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe buffets for something to eat then tour the ship.

Bythe time we're done with all that about half our luggage has been delivered. We unload it and take a nap, waking up in time for the sailaway party up on deck.

Gosh I love talking about that

We go to the port early, like 10AM to be one of the first in line when the gates open about 11:30.

We usually go right to our stateroom first, pick up the phone, call Guest Services and make dinner reservations in the specialty restaurant, Sterling Steakhouse. We've passed on Sabatinis in the past thinking it too much to eat but if you want to get a good time/day for that this is the time to make your reservations.

The night time feature films are by reservation at Movies Under The Stars, an early or late showing. On the phone they'll help with what is playing when.

If our stateroom was not ready (it will be) we'd go do that in person at a desk conveniently located outside of Sabatinis by the photo gallery.

Next stop: Lunch We'll head up to the Horizon Court and Caribe Cafe buffets for something to eat then tour the ship.

Bythe time we're done with all that about half our luggage has been delivered. We unload it and take a nap, waking up in time for the sailaway party up on deck.

Spongerob, you summed it up pretty well! Except my DS and I don't nap. We have our swimsuits in our carry on luggage and go for a swim, explore the ship and sign my DS in kids' program.

I wish I were cruising at the moment.

Cruzbabe... Did I miss something? Is Spongerob really Lifeiscruising2??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

O.K., I have not idea where that came from!! I'm having four 10 year olds spending the night at my house and in between feeding them and checking out this thread something happened to my brain... excuses, excuses, excuses!

Sorry Chris!

Well, I really haven't felt like myself lately...

MY answer: Get on ship, go to cabin, use restroom (we've been standing in line for hours and I just HAD to have that third cup of coffee at breakfast), find an open bar, order first drink of the cruise, and wait for the rest of our party we've gotten to know through the Roll Call to show up. No need to make reservations for anything, we'll just use our All Access Pass later if we want one.

O.K., I have not idea where that came from!! I'm having four 10 year olds spending the night at my house and in between feeding them and checking out this thread something happened to my brain...

Been there, done that!

4 10 year olds?

You are brave!

Hi

How do you work out which nights to go for?

Do you try to book shows and MUTS and stuff like that too?

Cheers.

Once you are onboard and checked in, can you get back off the ship? We are not leaving San Juan till 11 PM and would like to get off and see a little of San Juan?

Yes, you can get off the ship. Just take you r cruise card to get back on. And be back on time! I have sailed twice out of San Juan and both time we got off and went shopping for essentials like coffee, rum, bottled water and champagne to carry on board!

Once you are onboard and checked in, can you get back off the ship? We are not leaving San Juan till 11 PM and would like to get off and see a little of San Juan?

If you get off the ship, be sure to take a cab. DH and I walked all the way into San Juan betwween our B2B and I could hardly move the next day. You also go through some real "Sleasy" areas!

Carol

Archived