Which side of the Magic is against the Dock?

oklahomaeande

Just got my room assignment and I was curious which side of the boat pulls up to the dock? Is it the same at all of the ports? We are going to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. Leaving from Galveston.

In Galveston the ship is normally docked with the starboard side to the pier. In your ports of call it's difficult to say as the the available berth often determines which side of the ship is against the pier...

You'll love the Magic... she's a wonderful ship.

:)

That can't be predicted, too many variables and even if your cabin is on the side of the ship that faces the port there might be another ship that's docked right beside you but between you and the port.

Even in Galveston the ships will typically turn around and back into the pier with the starboard side against the dock, but if it's windy or there is any kind of delay or emergency it will just pull straight in with the port side against the pier.

This was the situation 2 weeks ago when we boarded the Magic and Mach and Stitch were getting married on the pier and wanted the bow of the ship as the backdrop but she was showing her aft instead.

In Key West, you will be at Pier B, and my experience there is that you will be docked starboard side to the pier. In Nassau, it is a crap shoot, whether they head in or back in. but it doesn't really make a difference, because there are six ships there that day, and whichever side faces Nassau, you will be looking across the pier at the broad side of another ship. EM

Archived