For those interested in Dunns River Falls

crazy1here

• 4 months later...

HI, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have a place for showe

or least change out our clothing . Also, if we are joining tour already, do

we need another guide inside ( I heard they will tell you where you should

step so you would not fall). If so, how m;uch does this guide charge ?

Also, any storage locker for rent, and what is the cost ?

I understand these Dunn Fall's guide expect a gratitude, what is about

the norm for the gratitude ?

Thanks for your input

You should look at tripadvisor on Duns river. We read all the bad reviews but went anyway. Big mistake. It was a long drive but that wasn't the problem. Lots and lots and lots of Jamaicans just hanging around asking for money. some of them even spit at us when we said no. The guides will take you up the falls $$$ for tip and you will have more than one guide. Lots of people get hurt !! your locker will be 7.00 but there will be lots of people hanging around your locker . They want money and they are in your face. It was VERY UNCOMFORTABLE and they know this , they hope you'll give them money just to go away. Don't go near the venders they'll grab on to you trap you in an area and force you to give them money. It's set up that way, 2 foot wide walkway between booths , no easy way out. :eek: Duns river is very bad place full of rude bullies.

Just a little real life experience here. I visited the Falls with Mark Morris Tours. We left our personal effects safely secured on the tour bus, so no need for locker. He advised us on how to traverse the gauntlet of concessionaires. Yes, Jamaicans tried to offer us services. Yes, Jamaicans tried to offer us merchandise. It was not a problem saying "no".

As for the guides to climb the falls, those are purely optional. Our small tour group (perhaps 12) chose to climb the falls sans paid guide and had a blast.

Archived