uh oh. im confused.

some will say that the "rules" are the "rules" - my advice would be to go to the Director of the Club O2 group and ask for an "exception". It is at the discretion of the Director who is allowed in to said club..........your child's name will be automatically added to the manifest of whatever club is appropriate for his age. Sometimes, they allow them in the above club on a probationary basis, depending on the child's "behavior" -

Good Luck and have Fun!

Last year my daughter was 1 month shy of the 12-14 group. We talked to the person in charge of camp carnival, and it was no problem switching her to the older group. Then it ended up she felt that her green wristband (under 12 for lifeboat drill) gave it away to everyone that she was only 11, and she was uncomfortable as no one really connected with her (and she has NO problems making new friends LOL). Yep - she switched back to the younger group. There were no problems at all. And this was during spring break - one of the peak seasons for kids on board.

do you guys know the rules on this?

my son will be 14 when we board the ship. he will turn 15 2 days later. he doesnt want to go in with the 12-14 year olds. he want to go in with the 15-17 year olds. will they let him? i dont want him to have to switch after 2 days that would suck for him.

I would say........... do us a favor and leave him at home.:D:D:D:D

i dont want to lie about it.... and wont, i just think it makes more sense to put him in older group. hes 6ft.1 and looks 16 as it is. dont think he would fit in well with the 12 year olds very well. and for most of the cruise he will be 15. i dont know. what do you all think?

I wouldn't lie about it. Most likely they will switch him.

i dont want to lie about it.... and wont, i just think it makes more sense to put him in older group. hes 6ft.1 and looks 16 as it is. dont think he would fit in well with the 12 year olds very well. and for most of the cruise he will be 15. i dont know. what do you all think?

I'm sure physically, he'd be fine in the older group. All will depend on his maturity level and ultimately, you know your child better than anyone. Don't Stress - when you get on board (or actually, Club 02 doesn't open until later in the evening) on the first night - all kids must check in with the Director. That is where she has the manifest of kiddos. Chances are, your child's name will NOT be on the Club 02 manifest because of his age when you booked. It will be on the Circle C manifest. Ask the Director - and go from there.............easy peasy!

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Our Son turned 12 4 days into his last cruise and the staff gave him the option of being with the younger group or moving up. Just let them know when his Birthday is. Have fun

Doesn't matter what we think or whether we agree with you or not. As stated earlier they will most likely move him up when you ask, but if they don't because of whatever limitiations they choose, the sun will still rise the next morning.

Archived