Price drop with increase in fees & taxes

baf0117oc

looks like there are 4 to this booking in either a verandah or panarama deck extended balcony.

Bill

"Govt Fees & Taxes" of $107pp for probably 4+ ports doesn't seem bad, but a 50% increase????? ken

"Govt Fees & Taxes" of $107pp for probably 4+ ports doesn't seem bad, but a 50% increase????? ken

Yep sounds crazy. Sounds like there might have been an error in the initial booking but who knows.

Alaska is always trying to gouge tourist since it's a short season.

Bill

Yep sounds crazy. Sounds like there might have been an error in the initial booking but who knows.

Alaska is always trying to gouge tourist since it's a short season.

Bill

There was that $50 Tourist Fee thing there several years ago???

Our Govt Fees & Taxes for 7-Day Vancouver to Whittier were $100pp.

???

ken

How many passengers are in this booking? Was a Port substituted or added? thanks, ken

Ken we are a family of 4. There have been no substitutions. Booked military rate first then lucked out with a decrease of $100 with a switch past guest rate as someone at the 800 # didn't know the new rule for fees.

Sorry took so long to answer I work nights and just woke up. We are in an 8k.

Ken we are a family of 4. There have been no substitutions. Booked military rate first then lucked out with a decrease of $100 with a switch past guest rate as someone at the 800 # didn't know the new rule for fees.

Sorry took so long to answer I work nights and just woke up. We are in an 8k.

No problem!!! There's no question they're entitled to charge any fee increase, but I'd call my agent and ask what the increase was for (they won't know) or if by any chance it was a mistake. I'd also look at similar cruises/itinerary and see if they are the same amount?

A 50% increase just doesn't seem "normal". I checked and for 7-Day Vancouver-to-Whittier we paid something like $100pp, and Princess is charging something like $109 currently for 7-day Northbound.

ken

No problem!!! There's no question they're entitled to charge any fee increase, but I'd call my agent and ask what the increase was for (they won't know) or if by any chance it was a mistake. I'd also look at similar cruises/itinerary and see if they are the same amount?

A 50% increase just doesn't seem "normal". I checked and for 7-Day Vancouver-to-Whittier we paid something like $100pp, and Princess is charging something like $109 currently for 7-day Northbound.

ken

I checked the rates on another travel website and they are also charging $622 for taxes and fees

Bill

We just had the same experience....had a price drop, HOWEVER, on the date and time of submission of our form to CCL, there was NO increase in fees/taxes (submitted on a Friday).....but, the taxes/fees did go up on Monday....our reduction was addressed on Wednesday and they reduced the $200 reduction by the amount the taxes and fees had gone up on Monday.

Called my PVP, emailed her CCL's confirmation email that they sent when they received my request from the previous Friday (which was date/time stamped). We asked CCL to look back to the DATE/TIME OF SUBMISSION of our form (they have the technology to do so) and to reduce based on what TOTAL cost (base fare +taxes/fees) were on the Friday when we requested the reduction (before the taxes/fees increased).

Final outcome, CCL did the right thing, reduced our cost to the FULL $200 reduction and put the taxes/fees back to what they were when we submitted. Speak up, take screen shots, save your confirmation emails (which are date/time stamped) as proof at TIME of submission as to what the reduction should be.

Archived