Please help...I can't remember the answer

roscoegirl

I know this has been covered before but it never affected me so I did not pay close attention. Now, the issue is at my doorstep and I can't remember what all of you said. Tell me again please, what are my options:

a) we booked ES

b) guest#2 in my cabin will not be cruising

c) I have a replacement guest

d) cruise date is 8/26/12; deposts paid, insurance paid but still have a remaining balance

Can someone tell me how to handle this in the most cost effective manner? BTW: I'd like to know as much as possible BEFORE I call to make the change.

Thank you very much!:)

I know this has been covered before but it never affected me so I did not pay close attention. Now, the issue is at my doorstep and I can't remember what all of you said. Tell me again please, what are my options:

a) we booked ES

b) guest#2 in my cabin will not be cruising They lose $50 of their deposit money and the remainder will be held as a credit for them, unless you can actually prove that you paid their deposit.

c) I have a replacement guest You should be able to add a 3rd person to the reservation but they will not get to use any of the deposit belonging to the 2nd person. You may have to add them before the 2nd person cancels.

d) cruise date is 8/26/12; deposts paid, insurance paid but still have a remaining balance

Can someone tell me how to handle this in the most cost effective manner? BTW: I'd like to know as much as possible BEFORE I call to make the change.

Thank you very much!:)

I think you are going to end up with a future OBC for the remaining deposit and the new person is going to have to pay the full fare.

No name changes! And the deposit is not held as OBC as another poster said. See if you can get a triple room and add the 3rd cruiser. Then the other pax can cancel. They'd lose 50 bucks and the rest of their deposit is held for a future cruise. You say you have trip insurance, so see if this person's reason for cancelling qualifies for reimbursement.

This situation happened to me.

They took $200.00 of the deposit and are holding it for a future cruise to be used within the next 2 years. The other $50.00 is forfeit.

As of right now I will be traveling alone so I just have to pay the full fare. If a friend decides to join me they will just have to pay their deposit, unless I have the cruise completely paid off by then. Then they would only have to worry about the taxes and port fees.

I paid for the entire deposit for 2 cruisers and I had to prove to Carnival that I did. I now have that $200.00 and have used it as part of the deposit for another cruise.

Hope this helped.

This situation happened to me.

They took $200.00 of the deposit and are holding it for a future cruise to be used within the next 2 years. The other $50.00 is forfeit.

As of right now I will be traveling alone so I just have to pay the full fare. If a friend decides to join me they will just have to pay their deposit, unless I have the cruise completely paid off by then. Then they would only have to worry about the taxes and port fees.

I paid for the entire deposit for 2 cruisers and I had to prove to Carnival that I did. I now have that $200.00 and have used it as part of the deposit for another cruise.

Hope this helped.

Yes, very helpful...your response mirrors my situation...Thank you very much!

Just an FYI update on this issue:

Thank you for all responses! Most were in the 'ballpark' of being correct!:)

Carnival will keep the $50 bucks (from my $250 deposit) for making a change under ES

The remaining $200 will be held as a future credit for 2years. I however, must prove I paid for the initial deposit (oh brother! it was for my son who is a minor--all that info is in their reservations system, so is it logical to think a minor paid the $250??--got to laugh at that one!)

My adult daughter will be the new guest#2 and she only had to pay her deposit of $250.

The good thing is that SHE WORKS! So now, my previous balance has been reduced by half since she will be paying her half. There was no requirement for her to pay ANYTHING additional and we're still under the original rate for our cabin (the ES rate has gone up almost $200 since I booked it originally)

So I guess all in all, I've only lost $50. I'll probably be looking for a 'cruise to nowhere' for me and my son (to use the $200 that Carnival is holding) next spring when Glory returns to Norfolk. I will be looking for the CHEAPEST cabin as this cruise is normally a 2-niter.

One last point-- I don't think I'll use ES ever again...I'll stick with Past Guest! I also think I should play the number 200 or 250!!

Thank you all again for your advice and info!:)

Archived