Emerald Princess: BB on Rivera

shoegal24

Hi all,

We originally booked a guarantee BB.

Our TA e-mailed us today to say that we have been upgraded to a BB category room on the Riveria deck. I checked out the deck plans and it looks like there are pool chairs directly above us.

Think this is going to be a problem? Should I ask to see if it's possible to wait for another room? Has anyone else stayed on the R deck before?

FWIW, our room is 519.

Thank you!

IMHO the BBs on Caribe deck aft of the aft elevators can't be beat. The balconies on Caribe deck are nearly twice as large as regular balcony cabins on other decks...and they're half covered which we like.

You'll experience a smoother ride on Caribe deck as the higher you go the more rock and roll you'll feel. There are cabins above and below Caribe and almost nobody walks by the aft cabins.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I would definitely try to get a different room. We were upgraded to a BB on the Riviera deck on the Crown once....that was enough. We were willing to be put in an inside cabin with no compensation, just to get away from the noise from above. I think the ship's security walks the decks all night with hard soled shoes and don't even get me started on when they set up the deck lounges. That occurs at at about 5:30 AM -- ouch. One deck lower, no problem or maybe ask to go to the BB's on the Caribe deck ....nice.

Depends on which cabin or suite you might have booked. For instance, penthouse suite choices are limited. Do you want aft, or under the areobic work out area? sometimes you have to choose. We always prefer mid ship for the normally comfortable ride, access, and port intensive itineraries. The penthouse suites seen way aft, forward, or mid ship. perhaps since we have booked two cruises in the penthouse suites, someone could suggest an ideal location. aft and forward doesn't work for us for the Baltic Sea. thanks in advance.

Archived