Western Med. Question

nyyhoneybee

Don't stress about trying to do it all. We had 2 sea days on our epic med cruise last year but we really tried to relax those days and we didn't try to see everything bc the epic is a huge ship with lots to do but we figured we'd be back sometime!

Don't stress about trying to do it all. We had 2 sea days on our epic med cruise last year but we really tried to relax those days and we didn't try to see everything bc the epic is a huge ship with lots to do but we figured we'd be back sometime!

There is so much we want to see and do, I don't even know where to try to cut down everything, lol. I do think that we might try to take the two France ports a little easier.

I need some advice.

We have one sea day on our 8/26 Epic cruise. It's the first full day on board! Any advice on how not to get tired out with 5 ports in 5 days in a row after?

Thanks!

We are going in May and we plan on exploring the ship the first 2 days, tours in each stop in Italy, renting a car in Cannes and staying on the boat in Marsielles.

Do what we are doing.....B2B and resting the second week.

I would if it was possible! Instead we are getting off in Barcelona and heading to Paris for our anniversary and then home for work/class on Friday :(

Mommyof3boys, I don't want to stay on the ship but we might just wander a bit and then head back early I think.

I would if it was possible! Instead we are getting off in Barcelona and heading to Paris for our anniversary and then home for work/class on Friday :(

Mommyof3boys, I don't want to stay on the ship but we might just wander a bit and then head back early I think.

Thats a good idea.:)

Make one or two of your ports a shorter day ashore. In Villefranche and Marseilles we booked half day tours, back on ship by 1 Or 2 pm, and then spent the rest of the afternoon chilling. it was a smart move after 3 full days in the Italian ports. We all needed to relax a little

We did an Eastern Med cruise that had 9 port days in 12 days (plus 2 days running around Rome beforehand). It ended up that a few of the ports were forced relaxation days (i.e. there was nothing to do there but wander the town!) Everywhere else, we pushed ourselves and really saw as much as possible. Our logic was we'd rather come home from the trip bone tired and have seen it all than sleep in and miss out on the incredible things we had the opportunity to see.

In a lot of the ports, you have a bit of a drive to whatever you're headed to, so even though you're in port for 10 hours, only 6 of those hours are on your feet running around. Add in a break for lunch, etc, and the days are pretty manageable.

We did the EPIC last year and pretty much were in bed every night by 11 or so. I felt like we did miss out on the nightlife of the ship, but we were up early and ready to explore Italy and Spain. Yes, this year they only give you one sea day, but make the best of it. We spent lots of time in the spa (we had a spa suite) relaxing and soaking our feet. We had an amazing time!! Enjoy!

Archived