What is the best or worse thing a cabin neighbor has done?

scomar

Smoking was a problem on our balcony too, plus the slamming of the doors. Not against smokers, it's just we don't want to breathe smoke on our balcony when we paid for fresh ocean air.

I don't smoke so I'm not condoning the behavior but I dont see fresh ocean air on my cruise contract. One would assume you paid to get whatever air happens to blow onto your balcony.

This locked out on the balcony stuff is scary...

first a guy locks his wife out..

then we read about a 10 year old boy locked out by his ?? what do you call them?? breeders??

Unreal...

I for one would be on the phone to security immediately....so dangerous and scary for the abused family members locked up out there

I would hope the abusers would be put in brig and then off ship

Lock a kid on a balcony?????:eek::eek::eek:

This is a terribly sad, disturbing story. that poor girl will be messed up for life and the brother will be in jail someday.

The little seemed to be the families sacraficial lamb.:mad: Being treated like that, she may never know her self-worth.

It is said that, a cruise ship is like a small town. Small towns have their untold secrets of abuse, neglect, poor judgement and, un-neighborly obnoxious behavior. It's sad that the cycle isn't broken...even on (what is supposed to be) a fun vacation. An idoit is an idiot, whether on land or onboard. It's just that, the walls are thicker at home! That being said....I promise to be always be a good cruise neighbor. :)

We were in PH1 on the Inspiration and heard a huge blow against the closet door separating the two Penthouses. That was followed by a lady screaming and sounds of scrambling around.

My wife called security while my two sons and I started around the railing to the other door on the starboard side of the ship. About half way around the lady ran out and was grabbed by the husband from behind. I yelled to release her and he flung her by the shoulders back into the door.

I told the boys to restrain and apply passive control holds to the man while I checked the woman. She was stunned and semi conscious. Security arrived and called for medical and a ships officer. The man never said a word. They took a written report and kept him in a secured area until port and turned him over to local authorities. Ships personnel cleared the room and we said goodbye to the lady as she left to meet family flying in for her.

It appears she fractured a wrist and her clavicle.

WOW! When the dust cleared, I hope the lady you and your family rescued appreciated it. Hopefully, her fam was able to convince her to throw in her chips & leave that louse!

I don't understand why smokers don't get how awful the smoke smells. People should be able to enjoy clean fresh air.

You think smokers can't smell it? Smokers smoke for the smoke! Non smokers don't smoke because of the smoke.

A non smoker has a choice, deal with it or book an inside room. Simple as that! A smoker has one option, balcony or balcony. A smoker picks a balcony so they can smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't really have any good experiences with (never really saw) neighboring cabins.

The only bad would be the smokers. Even 15 feet away it can give me headache, and now that I've had nose surgery it gives me extreme sinus headaches that surround my nose.

Sitting out late one night on our balcony having a nice sambuca we felt a fine spray - looked over to the balcony next door and he was taking a leak (had to be standing on something to get that high). Needless we yelled at him and I think he put it back in mid stream. Never saw him or it again.

I really shouldn't but LOL

I really shouldn't but LOL

:D I have to LOL at your LOL. It's funny in some strange sick and twisted way. If it were me, I'd be bathing in my hand sanitizer, right before showering and scrubbing off my first layer of skin, and then chasing a shot of rubbing alcohol just in case I had my mouth open at any time!!!

Okay fine, I'd make some smart @ss comment and go sip on a DOD, I'm on vacation after all, I avoid anything that requires work, thinking, or moving in general!

Some rude college age kids in an inside cabin across the hall and just down from us (across from their parents) left a note on our door one night telling my DH and I that we were geeks and "needed to learn how to party." We had only seen these kids once or twice and didn't know them at all. Mind you, this was on our honeymoon, so any partying was going on in our cabin and certainly did not include them! ;)

Worse....took off our do not disturb sign one night. DH and I went back to the room for a little rest. After sleeping several minutes I hear giggling. Thinking DH left the TV on I sat up and low and behold the cabin door is wide open. There stood two little girls in my doorway staring at me in the bed.

At first we thought the little girls open the door but it was actually the cabin Steward. She was turning down the beds and I guess she opens all the doors down the hall first. IDK how long the door was open until I finally woke up. The cabin Steward apologized over and over whenever she saw us. It wasn't funny at first but now we laugh about it. If the door was opened an hour early those parents would have needed to explain "a lot" to their little girls LOL :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

On a brand "X" cruise a few years ago, we were seated with a Canadian couple and a couple from Texas. (Don't worry this is on topic.) During dinner the Canadian man and Texas woman almost came to blows!

Turned out Canadian couple were in the suite next to ours. She got very sick on the cruise and had to be medi-vacced (sp?) to Cozumel. She had won a facial or massage on deck the first day and since she couldn't use it, gave it to me. So, started out worst, became best.

Worst that I can think of were door slammers and the kids in the cabin next to us on Carnival Jubilee (I think) who were throwing each other into the walls (my bed was up against the wall). Called security, no more problems.

What were the Canadian and Texan fighting about?

We ended il with our neighbors as our tablemates. They were obnoxious, drunk, drug addicts. They fought with each other, caused a huge scene at dinner when they started a fight with a lady that included screaming racial profanities at her etc. They were horrible. I saw them climbing on the lifeboats and smoking pot as well. It's no surprise that they've been in the jail inboard previously.

As far as smoking goes, my parents and my sister smoke. I don't. I think it's gross. It burns my eyes, dries out my contacts and makes me cough and dry heave. I get the feeling that some of the smokers on this thread are like my parents: selfish. Just because you can legally do something doesn't mean you should. Knowingly smoking around a non smoker and jeopardizing someone's health because you're allowed is beyond selfish. Many people get ill from being around smoke. You say we can deal with your smoke or get an inside room because your only option is a balcony. That's not logical. You can also get an inside and smoke in the public smoking area. You're telling me you can't make it 7 days without smoking whenever you feel like it? Maybe this will make some of you see the bigger picture....

I have a 7 year old nephew. He has developed asthma from being around my parents and his parents while they smoke. His pediatrician said it's physically safer and better to give a child alcohol than smoking around them. Would you give a child alcohol? Probably not so why would you smoke around them which has long term effects?

We ended il with our neighbors as our tablemates. They were obnoxious, drunk, drug addicts.

As far as smoking goes, my parents and my sister smoke. I don't. I think it's gross. It burns my eyes, dries out my contacts and makes me cough and dry heave. I get the feeling that some of the smokers on this thread are like my parents: selfish. Just because you can legally do something doesn't mean you should. Knowingly smoking around a non smoker and jeopardizing someone's health because you're allowed is beyond selfish.

I have a 7 year old nephew. He has developed asthma from being around my parents and his parents while they smoke. His pediatrician said it's physically safer and better to give a child alcohol than smoking around them.

Goodness you have a lot to vent don't you.... hope life gets better for you.

We ended il with our neighbors as our tablemates. They were obnoxious, drunk, drug addicts. They fought with each other, caused a huge scene at dinner when they started a fight with a lady that included screaming racial profanities at her etc. They were horrible. I saw them climbing on the lifeboats and smoking pot as well. It's no surprise that they've been in the jail inboard previously.Wow!

As far as smoking goes, my parents and my sister smoke. I don't. I think it's gross. It burns my eyes, dries out my contacts and makes me cough and dry heave. I get the feeling that some of the smokers on this thread are like my parents: selfish. Just because you can legally do something doesn't mean you should.

I hate hate hate smoking and the downside of getting a balcony are smokers.

However, I think you are mostly wrong. People get balconies because doing so allows them to smoke.

If you want to blame somebody blame the cruise lines for allowing it. Also blame you and me for

not making enough of a fuss to either disallow smoking on the balconies or making 1/2 the ship's balcony's non-smoking.

Again, I really hate smoking. It completely minimizes the benefits of getting a balcony. :mad:

Never had an issue with a occupant next door until our last cruise. These folks left the balcony light on every night. We like to sleep with just the shers so that we are awakened by natural sunlight. We tried asking the room steward to shut the light out - he did but when we would come ack in the late evening low and behold it was on again. We tried calling guest services, we went to guest services.... all in vain. We were told we will leave a note, we will call, its too late to disturb the guest, until there were only two nights left. Didn't ruin the cruise, but sure wish we could have enjoyed daybreak...........

Note to Carnival - put some additional signage telling folks to be considerate of their neighbors. If you can do it regarding the balcony door and A/C - I think you can add a line or two.

Had the same problem with the neighbors balcony light on. I simplified your solution, I picked up my phone called room to room right to their room and asked them to shut it off. 1 minute later, light off, problem solved. There is no caller ID, they had no idea who was calling, I'm sure they suspected one of the neigbors, but that didn't matter anyway. I was nice and said please, they complied.

While on a cruise you are suddenly mixed in with a wide range of people, of which some will be in the cabin next to yours. What is the worst or best thing a cabin neighbor has done for you or to you?

We had a family who was split between 2 cabins. Unfortunately, they were on either side of us! We offered to let them have our cabin, so we could be on the other side of one of them, but they refused. All 3 cabins were balcony.

This family decided to communicate by yelling across the balcony to the other cabin (with us in the middle). We ended up calling the desk several times to complain & security came once when we called while they were yelling & they could hear.

When we went in the halls, we tried to avoid them. I wasn't involved with the complaints (parents handled that end), so I just smiled pleasantly as we passed.

I hate hate hate smoking and the downside of getting a balcony are smokers.

However, I think you are mostly wrong. People get balconies because doing so allows them to smoke.

If you want to blame somebody blame the cruise lines for allowing it. Also blame you and me for

not making enough of a fuss to either disallow smoking on the balconies or making 1/2 the ship's balcony's non-smoking.

Again, I really hate smoking. It completely minimizes the benefits of getting a balcony. :mad:

OK can we make this the last reply on this thread about smoking. This horse has been beaten to death on many other threads. We all know the pros and cons of smoking by now. Thanks so much for no longer posting smoking replies on this thread. There are plenty of threads dedicated to the subject out there.:)

worst was neighbor letting balcony door slam every time they went in and out of their cabin. This happened at all times we were on the balcony. :mad::mad:

On a different cruise, a group next door was playing a game which sounded like shaking game pieces in a cup and then throwing them on a table accompanied by loud shouts. Talk about annoying. :(:(

Oh, and any neighbor who leaves their balcony light on all night should be banned from a balcony forever.

Archived